Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we fix the team to compete in AFC north?
(01-01-2024, 09:42 PM)samhain Wrote: It's very hard to do when your organization can't draft and develop talent in the trenches.  Even mediocre success at those position groups would have this team sitting pretty right now.  Instead, we have to generally rely on relatively expensive FAs to fill gaps when they become apparent.  It's like pitching in baseball.  If you can't draft and develop in house, you either go without or pay up big time.  Teams that are good at it can maintain long term success even without insane spending in FA.  

Almost every single guy we have that's worth a shit on the line came from another NFL team.  Hubbard was really the only exception.  I'd give you Jonah, too. 

This can't continue.  You'd figure the law of averages would drop a decent lineman in their lap every decode or so.  Maybe Murphy can reverse this trend.

Yeah, that is why we need a new OL coach and maybe even a new DL coach to pick and develop the youth.

I do like what I saw of Murphy late in the season though, he has a high ceiling and maybe Hobby is not the problem, Pollack looks 
to be the problem on the OL though. All the players like you said came from another team in the NFL and were considerably better 
than they have been here under Frank Pollack. Just the facts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can we fix the team to compete in AFC north? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-01-2024, 09:48 PM