Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Animal Panic - Fraud.
(01-04-2024, 02:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looking back, I sometimes wonder if it was worth spending that much.  The experience, along with the surgeries and ongoing treatments aged him greatly. I guess the reality is when you see your little friend suffering like that, sometimes you'll do whatever it takes to try to get him right again.

I get it. Trust me.

(01-04-2024, 04:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Wy wife is a lifelong cat herder/whisperer and is friends with a cashier at a nearby Kroger.  Said cashier happened to mention to my wife that there was a stray cat frequenting her neighborhood that appeared to have an eye issue.  She couldn't trap him on her own and asked my wife for assistance.  So my wife reports for duty and they mange to trap the cat, which I then take to our vet for an exam, shots, etc.  $600 later we're told that he has some sort of neurological disorder that's causing his eye issue, but he's not in pain and there's no risk for further complications.  

We already have three cats and because of their situation we can't bring him inside, so my wife decides to stash him at a local pet hotel to the tune of $19 per day.  He's there until next week when has an intake interview at a no-kill shelter, where he will be adopted at some point.  So all told, by the time we surrender him, we'll be out something in the neighborhood of $1k.  And all for a cat that isn't even ours.  

Holy crap. I would struggle with this. However, my wife always gets what she wants so I know where your heart is.

(01-04-2024, 04:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: When my dog was getting older she hurt her back legs and had issue walking.  I thought i was gonna have to put her down then.  But the vet wanted to try a few things first and we got another 2 years with her...    While im sure they were not the best 2 years for her especially the last (as we had to leave her home alone alot due to my wifes medical issues)  i am grateful for every minute i had with her.  imo its almost impossible to say goodbye early

I'm glad you got your time with her and your right, it is hard to say goodbye and wonder if it was too early. Every animal we have had euthanized we've beat ourselves up wondering if we did the right thing. You battle because you see them struggling and living a miserable life, but you don't want to let go. I'm talking our situations and not yours so please take no offense in what I just said. There are times I think we selfishly held on too long and some we acted too quickly. Our vet is a good vet and if he doesn't think the animal needs to put down he will let you know and also try to make sure you know what it takes to get them right again. So because of that, I'm comfortable with the decisions we've made.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - XenoMorph - 01-04-2024, 09:44 AM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-04-2024, 01:01 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-04-2024, 02:06 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-04-2024, 02:19 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - XenoMorph - 01-04-2024, 04:57 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-04-2024, 08:49 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - grampahol - 01-05-2024, 12:43 AM