Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-05-2024, 04:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nope.

I think we could have gotten a 1st and 3rd last offseason when Tee was still under contract for $3m and he was coming off back-to-back 1k seasons. Last offseason a team would essentially be trading for 2yr/$26m of team control, now they'd be trading for 1yr/$23m (the franchise tag) and who knows if Tee is willing to play under the franchise tag so it might also mean they have to offer 4yr/$100m.

Mid 2nd is my guess.

- - - - -

I edited after you already clicked quote/reply, but I think the biggest problem is even if we wanted to trade for MHJ we wouldn't have a trade partner high enough to get him. It's a big QB draft and the top picks are all QB-needy except the Cardinals who have a QB they are financially committed to, but don't have a single WR with 600 yards this year.

If it is only a 2024 mid 2nd rounder then the Bengals keep that pick for TEE and give their 2025 first instead of the 2024 first I thought we may get for TEE.

It would get them close to a deal or may be enough depending on where Harrison fell to.  You could be right that another pick may have to be added.

May have to get BOLDER to make it happen but I see it as doable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - depthchart - 01-05-2024, 04:29 PM