Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-05-2024, 03:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't know if I've seen a worse year to try to move to a 2 TE offense.  There's only one quality starting TE due to hit FA(Dalton Schultz) and this is a wretched TE draft class aside from Bowers(who most likely won't make it to our pick).

(01-05-2024, 04:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I like Noah Fant as a fit in Cincy. 

Also Hunter Henry.

I do wonder about Gerald Everett as well, as he didn't have a great year (his decreasing AVG is worrying) but that kind of seemed to be the entire Chargers offense struggling this year.

Basically my thought is while you're right it's not an ideal year for it, we only have 1 WR with at least 100 career receiving yards and 0 TEs regardless of yards under contract for 2024. Both positions need to be rebuilt, but TEs are much more cost effective than WRs and then we'd only need 1 more starting WR to go with Chase. The TEs can help the run game, they can help the OTs, they can help in the middle of the field, they can help in the redzone, and they can help in making our offense less predictable.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - TheLeonardLeap - 01-05-2024, 04:29 PM