Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-05-2024, 09:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: My bold moves would be:

Sign Jones for 2 years with a 3rd year option.

Trade Tee for TE Pitts, only if Pitts agrees to an extension.

Sign RB D'andre Swift on an affordable deal.

Sign RT Elumunore.

I just find Wilkins or Madubuike more likely if we go DT in Free Agency as both are still young and up and coming. Plus TLL shown in 
another thread how Chris Jones hasn't been near as good in the Playoffs as he has in the regular season besides the one game against
us where we were missing 3 of our starting OL.

Love all the other moves though Casear, nice thoughts. Cool

Pitts, D'andre and Eluemunor would be a great FA to go along with one of the top DT's IMO.

(01-05-2024, 09:34 PM)Hammer Wrote: Fire HC Taylor and if available hire Bill Belichick.

Not going to happen, but that would be bold and I bet we would go back to beating the stealers all the time with Billy B here.

Billy B owns the stealers.

(01-05-2024, 09:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: That would be BOLD.  It is looking like he may become available and I could see him wanting to have a QB like Burrow.

One thing is; if Belichik Won a Super Bowl with Burrow would people then say that he was only able to Win a Super Bowl because 

he had Brady & Burrow ?

If he could stay in New England and Draft a QB then Win a Super Bowl it may be better for his reputation to do it that way -or-

go to a Team with a good but not Great QB and Win another Super Bowl to then get more Credit for doing it without Brady ?

Eh, if Billy B came here and won a SB he would go right back to being the best ever IMO. Most every great coach still needs a great QB 
to win at all. From everything I hear though the Pats want to move on same as Billy B. I wouldn't be against it because he knows how to 
beat all the teams in our Division and knows how to take away opposing teams strengths.

Plus when you have terrible QB play it can make even the greatest coach look human. They have had terrible QB play in NE since Tom.

(01-05-2024, 11:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: A lot of good ideas in this thread and some really bad ones!  

Bill B is not the answer and do think Burrow would like playing for him?  His time has passed.  Zac is a pretty good HC but a bad play-caller.
Trading Trey so you can sign Chase Young for probably more than Trey makes?  Your Buckeye homerism is showing.  Trey has put up sacks/pressures as consistently as anyone in the NFL since signing with the Bengals and you want to trade him?  
I wanted them to draft Latham but I thought he looked crappy vs Michigan. That and Alabama O linemens’ struggles in the NFL have me wanting a different RT in the first round.

My bold move - a “tag and trade” deal - Bengals send Tee to the Jags for Josh Allen.
Tee gets to reunite with his college QB and Allen gets to play close to where he went to college.

I actually would like to extend Trey after this season even if it would be expensive, the dude has shown no signs of falling off, more like he
is just getting better and better. True on Bama OL struggling in the NFL. Love the trade Tee for Josh Allen thought Clark.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-06-2024, 03:05 PM