Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-06-2024, 04:58 PM)tms Wrote: Great thread idea. I'm definitely a bit of a riverboat gambler and welcome risk like nobody's business lol

I'd look to move Tee + picks for JJ. Terrace Marshall Jr and CEH might well have played the last games for CAR and KC, respectively, so we can sign them to replace Boyd and.... a player to be named (I like Mixon). If Callahan gets a top gig, elevate Joe Brady to be our full-time OC (which includes play-caller and Zac'll have to take a back seat there).

= Historic reunion of one of the top offenses in NCAA history and most compelling story in the league overnight

I am an "all options stay on the table until the last minute" type of person. Keep creatively thinking. Then (like you) don't be afraid to gamble at times.

For example, I think the Trade Up is dismissed by many people way too quickly.

The "keep every pick to fill every hole" mindset seems safe and smart to most but I just see that as one of the options to keep thinking about.

A Team may end up Drafting a whole lot of "average" to keep plugging in those holes when they could have packaged in a pick or two to move

up and make sure they get a more Bona Fide player to flat out make one hole into a strength.

In the 2023 Draft the Steelers packaged pick #17 overall and a 4th round pick to go up to pick #14 to take OT Broderick Jones

They didn't stay put and wait and hope, They made it happen. Many fans and posters would value that 4th round pick so highly that they would claim

that a hole would have surely been fixed by it had it not been traded away or that it must be used to add depth to the Roster. Likely average depth. 

The Bengals could be in a position this coming Draft at say pick #18 where adding in a 3rd round pick could get them up to say pick #12 

to target say a Bona fide Offensive Tackle prospect that could flat out solve a problem. I simply would not fear doing it.

*With this said I likely Trade down more often than up but I would be one unpredictable Drafter because I would always be looking to 

move to the players I wanted  (Up/down/stay put). 

You only get to Draft one time each year so make sure you get some Quality.

You still have undrafted College Free Agents, unsigned Free Agents, Roster cut downs, Practice Squads and other ways to get 

that coveted "average" to round out Roster Depth with.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - depthchart - 01-07-2024, 02:22 AM