Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-11-2024, 07:10 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Bold moves:

70M cap space. Tag and trade Tee
Cut: Mixon, Hubbard, new cap space about $80M

- RB Henry 2 year deal, $10M cap hit
-DTustin Madabukie, 3 year, $20m/year cap hit/year
-DE Josh Allen, 3 year $20m cap hit/year
-T Tyron Smith 1 year, $10M cap hit
-WR Marquez Brown, 2 year $9M cap hit/year

Rest for roster fillers, rookies, injured reserves.

I like these ideas a ton. This would be bold and would make our team so much better in all aspects.

(01-11-2024, 07:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Think the Jags & Ravens just let those guys escape? I doubt it. Worh a try, though. 

1. Re-sign Tee & DJ. 
2. Try for a $20 mil-ish impact guy at DT
------DT (Jones, Madubuike, Wilkins) 

I doubt we spend big at DE, S, or CB. That was the whole point of the Murphy, Dax Hill, & Turner picks. If we land the DT, BJ Hill could get moved to free up some space. More likely outcome is we spend the rest of our FA$$ on our own (Chido, Boyd) or a medium TE/S. 

Hey, the OP asked for bold ideas. Ell Prez gave some. The Ravens don't have a ton of money and they will most likely not be able to bring 
back both Madubuike and Pierce. They might be able to only afford Pierce. I think tagging and trading Tee for Josh Allen is more likely though.

We desperately need another pass rusher besides Trey, I know Hubbard was hurt and Murphy was a raw rookie but we only have Trey for this 
next year unless we extend him again which I would like to do. He doesn't look like he is slowing down any anytime soon.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-11-2024, 08:01 PM