Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-14-2024, 10:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We must run a lot of 1 LB defenses, too, then.

Logan Wilson: 97.54%
Germaine Pratt: 89.06% 
ADG: 9.02%
Markus Bailey: 2.64%
Joe Bachie: 0.91%
Devin Harper: 0.09%

199.26% of the defensive snaps from all of our LBs combined. Last year they combined for 190.92%.

ADG was hurt early on. Our Run D is usually 524. They take out a corner and put in a 3rd NT/DT instead of another LB. 

I agree than an LB with more speed who is a thumper would be great. But I think it is kinda far down our list of issues at the moment. 

1. We are down a WR2 and WR3. 
2. Our run D was awful and our top 2 NTs are both FAs. 
3. We need a starting RT. 
4. Our entire TE room are FAs with a TE1 nowhere in sight. 
5.  We don't get a lot of consistent pass rush outside of Hendrickson, especially inside. 
6. Our newbie DBs (Hill & Turner) made a lot of mistakes. With Chido a FA, Ivey hurt, and Anderson also coning off IR, our healthy reserves are Jalen Davis & Scott. 

That is 6 issues I'd rate above LB depth, and some of them (WR, DT/NT, TE, DB depth) likely require at least 2 players. OL depth and a possible RB upgrade (Henry) would also be nice As would a punter upgrade.

Now, leaps from Murphy, Dax Hill, & Turner would help with some of that. Re-signing some of our own low proced FA's will help with others (D. Sample, Hudson). Tee will be back, so take WR2 off the board. 

Barring a cut/renegotiation, we are looking at the following holes with around $35 mil left, post Higgins. 

1. NT1 (Reader brings it down to $20-$25). 
2. RT: Round 1 pick (-$2.6 mil) or FA
3. WR3: Rd 2-4 or FA 
4. TE1: Rd 2-4 or FA 
5. DT who can pass rush: Rd 2-4 or FA 
6. NT to fill in for DJ: Rd 2-4 or FA 
7. DB help: Rd 1-5 or FA (at least 2)  

That is a lot of holes/upgrades. I love Sweat but letting DJ go without landing Sweat in the draft means a huge dropoff. Way risky. 

I bring back DJ & Tee & try to fill 2-3 of those other holes in FA with smaller moves. Though I would not be opposed to a big swing for a real difference maker, especially at DT or RB (Henry). 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-15-2024, 03:44 AM