Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-17-2024, 12:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

I've said this many, many times before. Everybody, well a lot of peeps, want to talk QB's, WR's, CB's and LBers and all the flash and dash, myself included at times. BUTT

It all starts "up front" on both sides of the ball. Joe Burrow shreds opposing D's with another second to throw. CB's look waayyyy better when the opposing QB is running for his life 1.45 seconds into the play and on and on.

My bold move is fix the trenches. If you build it the rest will come.

This x1000. 

My mantra would be Tee + the trenches. But I still love the Derrick Henry move. 

I will say that I do not think BJ Hill is the issue. He is a good player. 67.7 PFF. 33 solo tackles (T-21st), 16 assists (T-13th), 6 sacks (T-29th).

Reader was his usual awesome self at 82.2 PFF. There is no heir apparent to him on the roster. Nor in FA. Maybe Sweat in the draft, but him being there at #49 is unlikely. 

Keep the guys you have that are good and try to upgrade the others. Tufele (45.5, no sacks), Tupou (52.1, no sacks) and Carter (51.2, no sacks) are where the upgrades are needed. 

There isn't a long term A+ RT available in FA. Though midoriced stopgaps are possible. 

Nor a FA WR as good and young and proven as Higgins. 

Bring back Tee & Reader & go big game hunting at DT in FA. Take OT Rd1. Go some combo of WR3 and NT/TE/CB in Rds 2 & 3 & 4. 

Yes, I know that is 1 short. Squeeze enough savings out of restructuringcdeals to fill another need or 2 in FA, likely CB4,, NT2, or TE. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-18-2024, 03:36 PM