Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
I guess I'm in the minority here in how I view the Bengals front office work....

- Before the season last year, if healthy, the Bengals had the most talented top to bottom roster in the entire league. This came from drafting well & signing primarily 2nd contract guys. The Bengals outlook on personnel is working well.

So, for this question to have a realistic answer, we need to look at players coming off 1st contracts or franchise tags closely thereafter from teams that have...

- Major cap issues
- New coaching staffs who are changing systems where guys don't fit
- Young, high draft picks behind expiring 1st contract expiring players.

The Bengals probably aren't going to reverse ZT's track record of signing the above up & comers in their prime only to revert back to Marvin grabbing cheap, big name, vets he trusts off of scrap heaps. This rules out guys like Chris Jones, Derrick Henry, etc. Probably even DJ Reader unless it's on a steal of a deal coming off injury. Probably even Chido, too, who is about to be 29.

Team I think are ripe for the fleecing are: Saints, Bills, Dolphins, Chargers, Broncos, Browns, Steelers, Cowboys.

All of the above teams have significant cap issues and are FAR into the negative in regards to the cap. Dallas being the least in trouble with -$14mill. Saints the worst with -$82Mill

I think those rosters have some strong expiring deals and a ton of talent.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - PDub80 - 01-27-2024, 11:00 AM