Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the All-Star games (2024)
(02-12-2024, 12:47 PM)3wt Wrote: I totally agree.

I looked at some highlights of JPJ.   Granted they are highlights, but man!  This guy can whip players around like they're cardboard cutouts.  His upperbody strength is elite, he can anchor against anyone and his ability to block on the run are just amazing.

I know the wisdom is that you always take the OT in the first round - that interior guys are available in the later rounds.   But my feelings are that 1) the core of your pocket is the interior,  2) You need a strong interior to run the ball - and that includes the ability of your interior to get out to the 2nd level and not whiff and 3) It's time to just take the best lineman available - period.

The link is repetitive, but he does a lot of amazing things.  I'd be happy to take him in the first. 

Yeah it’s hard to watch those highlights and not walk away completely pumped about JPJ. While their highlights, a lot of what he shows translates well to the NFL. His ability to anchor, his combo blocks, the way he gets to the second level. He plays with such high intelligence and effort. Those are the kind of characteristics the Bengals need to look for in the first round. He understands the game and he wants to be great. He also has a track record of performing well no matter where they put him. I think point 3 is definitely the right line of thinking. We need to walk away with the best lineman available period. I do not want some raw, with very little experience in the first. I want someone who can contribute somewhat in year one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scouting the All-Star games (2024) - WhoDeyK - 02-13-2024, 01:20 PM