Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow thoughts from a hand surgeon
(01-16-2024, 05:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Dr Jesse Morse adding his two cents:

One of my initial concerns after he injured his wrist was either a scapholunate ligament tear or a TFCC ligament tear.
• It was confirmed that the tore the scapholunate ligament, and Dr. Thomas Graham (Allentown, PA) performed the surgery to repair it (per @KelseyLConway)
• This injury occurs in approximately 10-30% of intra-articular distal radius fractures or carpal fractures.
• The ligament has 3 components that span between the scaphoid and lunate bones (dorsal, proximal and volar components)

What does the data show?
“The mid-term outcome after open subacute SL repair overall shows that > 70% of the patients will have a significant improvement in pain, grip strength will reach approximately 85% of the normal wrist and movement will become almost 80% of that of the normal side.”
With that being said, I’m not overly concerned about this injury as it pertains to Joe Burrow.
He should return for 2024 with no restrictions and back to 100% pre-injury.

Just some info I hadn't seen before and thought was interesting and wanted to share.

Love this, thx for posting.  Why the doom and gloom over his prospects from many of you.  Im sure everyone here knows about his grandma dropping 80 in a high school girls game and and how this guy is a straight up thoroughbred, from as good of stock athletically speaking as you're gonna find.  To me it sounds like the doctors are saying the same thing but with their smart doctor words.

If most jabrones make complete or almost complete recoveries, then Burrow will have no issues and the ligament he injured will be stronger, in a league where QBs, especially one of Burrow's face of the league level stature, have never been more protected from contact by the refs.....yea, I really doubt it's gonna be an issue going forward.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow thoughts from a hand surgeon - IcoHolic - 01-18-2024, 07:13 AM
RE: Joe Burrow thoughts from a hand surgeon - Savagehenry54 - 01-25-2024, 04:54 PM