Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reliable Source Says Tee Wants To Stay Here, Likely Tagged
(01-19-2024, 04:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: They look at guaranteed money & years. 

Tee is a proven player in my book. In his prime.  I'd be more than willing to up the guaranteed numbers in exchange for bringing the cap hit down. 

I just think his camp thinks he can get $25 mil per on the open market. He may be right about that. 

(01-19-2024, 06:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: I believe I already addressed the Steelers game.  He had an 80 yard TD on a busted coverage, which vastly skews his stats for that game.  It happens, but certainly isn't "beast".  Aside from one busted coverage (when the game was already a blowout), he would have 4 catches for 60 yards.  Not that impressive, is it?

It's also interesting to note that that Steelers game is also the only game in your sample size where he actually faced a playoff team. Ironically , 283 of his yards in that span are in two games against the Steelers. 

Of course, we've already seen a full of season of Higgins without Chase, as well.  

Although, the reality is that Higgins is a very up and down receiver.  He has monster games, then disappears for multiple games.  It's interesting to note that he's been held below 40 receiving yards 25 times in his career.  The lack of consistency is a big reason why I don't see him as a true WR1.

I am sort of in the middle between both of your opinions in a way.

I think TEE gets a lot of Extra Credit by Fans for just how COOL it looks when he makes some of his catches.

His best seasons are 1,029 yards and 1,091 yards which I see as replaceable numbers if a decent replacement was selected.

With that said, I do think TEE could become a Top 20 #1 receiver with a possibility of maybe proving to be better than that.

From there it comes down to Money the Bengals will have to pay versus possible replacements if TEE is say a Tag & Trade possibility.

A one year rental from here ? or  longer term contract ? or  Trade options ?

I simply would do some Hard Thinking about every option if I were the Bengals over the next few months. (Free Agency/Draft)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reliable Source Says Tee Wants To Stay Here, Likely Tagged - depthchart - 01-19-2024, 07:56 PM