Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad knows the 2024 script...
(01-22-2024, 11:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Will address the points as they came in, numbered:

1. You know him personally?
2. He really wasn't: it was a dual, 50/50 of promoting the team and him. What about when he bought out 50/50 of the remaining tickets in '09 with Kroger, to keep the sellout streak alive?
3. Even if that happened, did he badmouth or did he just say that he wasn't being a team player?
4. He is on a VERY popular podcast, almost daily, is doing ads and other commercials and has been the, "official Madden ratings guy," for 3 years now. I don't think this would put him in a bigger spotlight than he already is (if anything, it would diminish it, IMO, as he wouldn't be allowed to do the other stuff).
5. He reached out to Zac prior to the '21 season, the first time, before any success came.
1. I do. Talked to him many times at training camp.

However, even if you don't consider that knowing him personally, one can see his personality through everything he's said and done over the years.

2 Impressive and he was a good guy, but that doesn't change his overall lifestyle. 

Why'd you skip the holdout? 

3. Why would he say aTJ wasn't being a team player? If I remember correctly (pretty sure this is accurate), during the holdout, they asked TJ about Chad and TJ said that Chad would show up, and I think Carson did too, and Chad said something like "I wish they'd just keep their mouths shut."

4. He always wants more and wants to be seen, not just heard or doing some ratings on Madden.

5. Because he knew Chase and Burrow would blow up.

Like I said below, if he comes in and is a changed man, I'm all for him helping out, but he's also 45(?) and the game is very different. I don't think Chase needs any coaching up and I just think he'd be a distraction.
(01-22-2024, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You do realize people grow up, right?

When did he grow up? What evidence is there that he grew up?

Why didn't he offer to coach in any years prior to now?

If he had so much to offer, he could have been helping us for over a decade.

Now, we're Super Bowl contenders, and now he wants to be on the coaching staff?

Look, if he comes in and helps the receivers, I'm all for it, but I just don't want it to turn into a clown show where he's spending half the practice joking with players or teaching them touchdown celebrations and how to make every game a show. I want the team focused on winning. We finally have a roster of players with their heads on straight that want to win and I don't want to mess with that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chad knows the 2024 script... - Sled21 - 01-19-2024, 09:38 PM
RE: Chad knows the 2024 script... - Synric - 01-22-2024, 11:02 AM
RE: Chad knows the 2024 script... - Sled21 - 01-22-2024, 12:15 PM
RE: Chad knows the 2024 script... - Synric - 01-22-2024, 12:24 PM
RE: Chad knows the 2024 script... - BFritz21 - 01-22-2024, 04:06 PM
RE: Chad knows the 2024 script... - Sled21 - 01-22-2024, 12:12 PM
Chad knows the 2024 script... - The D.O.Z. - 01-24-2024, 10:10 AM