Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gym Girls Get REJECTED By Men At The Gym
(02-02-2024, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At my age (Masters 50+ Division) my body allows me to compete once, maybe twice per year.  I'll be 55 this month, so I work towards recapturing a little lost strength, as opposed to setting lifetime PRs these days.  But honestly I find it so very rewarding to coach newer athletes and host competitions.  Helping people to achieve feats that they never thought they would be able to achieve is it's own incredible feeling.

I can understand it. I lift with my father-in-law and he is 62 years old. When we were doing our powerlifting split, it was absurd how strong he was. On our max day, he hit 315 on bench, 495 on squat and low 400's on deadlift. However, right around the time I got injured he was talking about getting away from lifting heavy due to the toll it has taken on his body. He's had seven shoulder surgeries, bicep surgery, tricep surgery, and surgery to fix a hernia. It can be a difficult sport to do long term and I am sure the same applies to strongman.

That's great you enjoy coaching and hosting so much. It's a nice replacement that can keep you active in the scene. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gym Girls Get REJECTED By Men At The Gym - KillerGoose - 02-02-2024, 12:10 PM