Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd!
(01-28-2024, 09:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’ve been drafting bad athletes long before Pollack got here though. Duke seems to like a certain type as well. Ironically enough Ogbuehi was probably the most athletic OL he’s drafted in the last decade or so.

It does make me question how “bad” Pollack actually is. I know that may be a controversial opinion. The offense that Cincinnati runs is tough on offensive linemen, constantly asking them to block on an island with how often they send five out into routes. None of the linemen are very good athletes which you can work with better on the interior but a guy like Orlando Brown gets exposed on the edge by himself.

Pollack is a wide zone guy. He wants good athletes, and I’m sure he has had input on the draft and FA but he hasn’t received the good athletes he covets which is why Cincinnati has switched to gap primarily. When I watch back games during the off-season, I am often seeing the running backs leaving yardage on the field. Not fast enough to turn the corner, not breaking tackles. That doesn’t mean the offensive line is always playing it perfectly, but I point to the RBs more than the line.

Pollack may end up being fired and I won’t complain about that but I also think with the offensive philosophy Cincinnati has, and RB room, I don’t see the results getting much better with a different coach. I think Burrow is consistently going to be towards the top on sacks taken and pressure due to both his play style and the offense built for him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd! - KillerGoose - 01-28-2024, 10:03 PM