Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd!
(02-02-2024, 04:32 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am personally not too upset with the run blocking. I've slowly been making my way back through the season watching All-22 and while not outstanding or anything, I am not blaming the offensive line for lack of run production as much as I am the RBs. The run game Cincinnati uses fits their linemen, at least. Primarily gap with duos being their base run. These guys are generating double teams and getting vertical, and they are doing a fine job of it. I am blaming the RBs for leaving yardage on the field. 

Pass blocking is an issue but I also think it's exacerbated by the pass game philosophy Cincinnati has. 

The Bengals OL are not explosive in short yardage run blocking situations and don't have an interior guy that can pull around the formstion to the edges. You can get around not being about to pin and pull with pitches and rpo screens but the worst blocking on the team was done by the skill positions. So many screens going for 2 yards and pitches getting stuffed for -3. Bengals have to do a better job blocking on the edges. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd! - Synric - 02-07-2024, 05:40 PM