Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd!
(03-05-2024, 12:09 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: I haven't read all of the previous replies in this thread, so I assume it's been mentioned somewhere in here, but the line isn't as bad as many assume.  The offense has been too predictable and opposing defensive coordinators aren't having to worry or account for the threat of the running game.  The reason the line didn't look as bad (and the qb wasn't getting hit as often) late in the season, is bc they were forced to try and establish a running attack.  It kept Browning from being sacked as often and also opened up opportunities for passing success.  I'm not saying that we don't need some help, bc we are going to obviously need the RT position filled, and I would like the interior a bit stronger, but the one dimensional play calling and abandoning of the run after getting stuffed a few times early just makes it easier on opposing DC's.   It wasn't that the line magically started playing better.  It was mostly the way the offense was being called.

Amen. 

Preach, brother. Preach. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd! - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-05-2024, 12:52 PM