Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Bengals Free Agency/Roster Thread
(03-05-2024, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both will be expensive, Wilkins is younger though which is why I might like him more at this point, but I would be really happy with CJ as well.

My guess is: 

Jones wants $35 mil or so. Rumor is he turned down $32.5. If he has a little OBJ in him, maybe he takes a bit less to stick it to KC?

Wilkins wants $25 mil or more. Could be $30. He has Tee's agent. He also is a Clemson guy who played under Hobby and with Reader. A little discount? With that agent, I doubt it. 

I continue to be in on L. Williams. He will be less expensive. I'd say $16-$18 mil. 

My dream scenario is still: 

1) Re-sign Reader 
2) Sign a DT upgrade 
3) Sign Onwenu 
4) Sign vet S 

Impossible with Jones, but he is so good, I'd be willing to punt on Onwenu and still make a run at Reader/Vet S. Would need a restructure or two AND favorable terms on DJ/S. 

Highly improbable with Wilkins. Would need restrucures and favorable terms. 

It could work with Williams and minimal restructures or just good terms for DJ/S. We'd be right at the cap though. 

I likely think our FO will likely try to sign more smaller fish. Reader + vet S + lower tier CB + lower tier TE + stopgap OT + Boyd + Townsend. That is a valid philosophy. Opens up the draft totally. 

But I'd go bigger. Reader + Onwenu would open up the draft and we could still have $20 mil or so to play with. 

Edit: You could also trade Higgins to free up space.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Bengals Free Agency/Roster Thread - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-05-2024, 07:03 PM