Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
TOP 1% of US earners have now more wealth than the whole middle class.
(02-16-2024, 02:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Mmmmm, can't wait for that sweet wealth to trickle down to me.

This gives me another chance to compare legit American politics to an absurd situation I experienced when I was a kid.  Back in 1991 or so in the lo tech days I had a neighbor kid who went to a different school, and we were about as good of pals as "you live near me, we have to be friends pretty much" could have been.  My family was planning to move a whopping mile across town in the spring and that summer or fall before our planned move Nickelodeon was having some sort of contest where you call in and play some matching game on the TV live via your phone and you can win a Super Nintendo or a Sega Genesis, something to that effect.

We were sitting out on the porch doing nothing one day and I told him about that contest and he said "Oh yea, I actually played that I won the other day."  Now, my BS meter was going off, but I wanted to believe there would be a Super Nintendo within my relative grasp soon, so I kept hope alive.  I asked him what it was like playing the game and which Nickelodeon characters he matched to win and he had no idea what I was talking about.  He then assured me that he won, and added that he won the Super Nintendo and the Sega Genesis but that it probably wouldn't show up at his house until after I moved.

Anyways, all this wealth will trickle down but it might not get here before you move to the graveyard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TOP 1% of US earners have now more wealth than the whole middle class. - Nately120 - 02-16-2024, 05:02 PM