Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
“Welcome to the end of democracy."
(02-23-2024, 03:31 PM)hollodero Wrote: Conservatives, no. They do not deserve to be painted as such in their entirety. But CPAC specifically, these folks are increasingly suspicious and I find nothing wrong with stating as much. Just for underlying it with an example of many, whoever hangs around with Orban, praises illiberate democracies and lets all kinds of extremists speak at their conventions might not be a force for democracy.

Unfortunately this seems to be a process that is accelerating.  Extremism is starting to become more the norm than the exception.

Quote:As for Mr. Posobiec, he is one of these agent provocateurs it seems, someone always tiptoeing the line and banking on the benefit of the doubt time and again as kind of a publicity and business model - see Dino's links for example. Like uh, ah, the things I stated might not have been a slur, might not have been a white supremacy code, might not have been antisemitism, might just be trolling, you can not definitely prove otherwise, so stop your hate. But at the same time all the actual white supremacists, racists, antisemites and nazis sure take these codes as proof he is just one of them and usually, types like Mr. Posobiec are well aware of that.

He may indeed be everything you're saying.  I merely stated I wasn't familiar with the guy.  Which apparently means I'm lying because "reasons".  The obvious insinuation that I'm lying, with a thin veneer of plausible deniability isn't exactly something I'm just going to accept with a smile.  I have heard the name, and that he's very far right.  I've heard the name Nick Fuentes come up in conjunction with him, but I don't know much about that guy either. I get enough bullshit in my daily life that I don't feel the need to go searching for it on my off time.  Outside of actual politicians I don't think I could name a single far left extremist off the top of my head.  Maybe I'm lying about that too?

(02-23-2024, 03:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I thought it could be meant sarcastically, and even then it’s moronic. Especially since it’s not completely obvious unless there’s part of the clip we don’t see that makes it obvious.

With selective editing any attempt at sarcasm is ripe for being misinterpreted. Again, maybe this guy is serious. If he's not it's a poor decision regardless.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: “Welcome to the end of democracy." - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-23-2024, 04:47 PM