Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
(03-18-2024, 11:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: My bad. You are talking rookie year contributions only. I missed that.

But if the guy is a backup Y1 and then contributes, that's not a bad pick. Especially picking late. 

I guess… but that recipe hasn’t really worked well for us. And 18 isn’t that late. At least DT has snaps available regardless of injury. Same for WR and CB (even though we seem to draft secondary 1-2 times a year). We really cant afford to have our premier pick in this draft riding the bench, and outside of injury and assuming we sign Trent brown… an OT won’t see the field. A healthy Trent brown is a really good football player.

Jets talk radio is now “All in” on adding some firepower now that they went out and got smith and Moses. I know OL and OL injuries have wrecked us the last two years burrow was healthy, but last year we had no injuries.

2025 will have holes of their own, but if the goal is to win a 2024 Super Bowl, there are more impact positions available (assuming we sign brown).

If we had signed becton, I could get on board with a OT in the first.

I’m still good and would draft some OL this year, but we need some starters still, and you will have better luck earlier than later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trent Brown meeting with the Bengals Tuesday - Bengalbug - 03-18-2024, 11:55 PM