Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(03-31-2024, 03:37 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, note of course the following examples are not that similar. But someone could just say the same thing about you and Trump. I wouldn't, I know better and see no reason to provoce you in that manner, but I could find some flawed, but presentable arguments if I wanted to. Using your criteria, I could argue you attack almost exclusively one side, you find quite some fears and complaints about Trump to be overblown, and you say things that are also said on FOX. Case closed, Trump supporter.

While in reality of course, you do not parrot Trump or FOX, you just happen to have the same stance on some issues and are not so convinced of quite some develoments on the non-Trump side of things, and so on. Now admittedly, Hamas is a different cup of tea then Trump is. I don't need to replace them with KKK or neo-Nazi, they are no less despicable. But that does not mean that when they make a certain point, one has to immediately take the opposite stance. If your criteria on that is too harsh, you start running into the 2 + 2 problem, imho, as in you believe it is four, well, so did Hitler.

While, again, it is really not that black and white, of course putting the heineous attacks themselves aside, which warrant a distinct black without nuance. But when questioning how it could come to all that, how the spiral of violence keeps spinning, I don't find it an abdomination to believe Israel could have done better or shares some of the blame too. I, honestly, wouldn't dare to judge too harshly, but it's complicated enough and there's not really an easy truth to be had. And if one reaches his own conclusions and Hamas has a similar take on some of them, well, then it is just as it is. I for one would not dismiss my honest opinion just because someone I loathe shares it.

But hey, that is just my take on things. Dill once more stated how destroying Hamas is a necessity for a two-state solution to work, and that he is certainly not a Hamas supporter, and how comes that he says some things they also say. If you think he's just dishonest and the label is still fair, then there's nothing I need to add.

You'll find numerous examples in my posts of how Israel could, and should do better.  You'll also find many examples of how much I dislike the Orthodox right of Judaism.  You'll also find my agreeing that there are times the IDF could, and should, have operated with more restraint.  You'll also find my agreeing that their conduct in the West Bank is often times deplorable.

But here's where I differ with you on Dill.  He has consistently made excuses for Islamic extremism, for ISIS, Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah and the terrorist supporting state of Iran.  He is very clearly pro-Islamic, to the point where he refuses to even acknowledge the regressive force of extremist Islam as a catalyst for misogyny and homophobia throughout the Islam majority world.  It is, in fact, my pointing this out that caused the major rift between us.  I do believe he is smart enough to pepper his posts with calls for Hamas's destruction, all the while mitigating their actions, because he knows to do otherwise would be alienating.  One need look no further that his flat out stated usurpation of the Israeli hostage thread I created.  When I pointed out he was hijacking a thread on Israeli hostages to bang the drum on IDF war crimes he simply stated, "I like this thread just fine."

I will close by reiterating, Dill flat out stated he does not believe Israel has a right to exist as it has at any time post WW2.  I honestly didn't think he'd admit this, but doing so rather cemented my opinion of him on this issue

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-31-2024, 05:36 PM