Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-25-2024, 06:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think if Tee is healthy and wanting to be here he is more valuable then the 97th pick overall. But he is oft injured and is requesting a 
trade. I would take what the Patriots supposedly offered in a second which was an early 2nd rounder and take Sweat right there so we
don't even have to trade up for him.

You know what I think. 

We should not trade Higgins at all unless it is a lopsided deal for us. It creates a massive hole and we already have other massive holes we need filled (NT, WR3, CB4, TE1). 

If one assumes OT in Rd1, and even if we take TE1 off the board and roll with Sample/Gesicki/Hudson, we then need to fill WR2, WR3, NT, and CB4 in rounds 2-3 with 4 picks. 

Possible but asking a lot. And we'll be sitting on $35 mil in cap, which is criminal for a supposed contender. 

A massive wasted opportunity and missllocation of resources. 

EDIT: other than maybe CB4, I do not see how that cap space helps us this year. And I think we can sign a CB4 with what we have left now.

I guess some impact WR, CB, NT, or TE could be cut post draft or in camp, but we cannot count in that to fill a starting void.

I'd rather trade him for a player. How about Dexter Lawrence on the Giants? NT is no longer a problem. Sign CB4 with cap space. Go OT, WR, WR +1 with first four picks.

Heck, I still hate it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-25-2024, 07:11 PM