Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-25-2024, 07:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you are good passing on the future RT in a deep 1st round RT draft and leave the future in the hands of a 31 year old, one year rental that has only fully completed 1 season in the past 5 years, average missing 5 games a year starting at RT .  Im happy we picked up a veteran but no way am i passing on a RT especially in the first two rounds.  The bigger picture idea i feel is get that extra 2nd round pick for Tee... go 1st round RT, 2nd round go DT and WR, order depends on the Bengals board.  Now you have your franchise RT , replacement WR for Higgins and depth with possible starter at DT

With Tee and Boyd gone I feel it would be paramount to get a weapon there and could always address RT in FA next year and draft one to boot. 

Plus the Bengals track record at drafting OL is no sure thing that he would become a franchise RT. 

Although I get it and am almost always the guy that says draft trenches instead of new shiny toys. Believe it would be the exception to the rule if losing the starting RB, WR#2 AND WR#3 though. 

So yes, I'm ok with it per a drafted RT may not even play this season unless someone moves to Guard and bumps Volson out. Bengals have many late round picks to take flyers on OL as well or could use one or two of their 3rd round picks too.

Yet will be ok with it if they do defat OL early, but not what I would do if trading Tee

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - Go Cards - 03-25-2024, 08:00 PM