Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-25-2024, 10:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well their track record in dratling Tackles in the 1st 20 picks is actually very good, and  they have had their bust also at WRs, Ross (9) and Warrick (4) comes to mind... and when did we draft Tee??  2nd round correct, no reason with the abundance of talent now at WR, we can get a quality replacement, and if we use your draft logic, they should draft well in 2nd round for a WR

You had to go back almost a quarter of a century to use Warrick as an example. Yet agree and hate drafting both of those runt WR's early and believe MB forced both picks. Was so mad when Ross was taken when the Bengals desperately needed OL help that I left the draft party at PBS immediately fuming. 

Although this coaching regime has not missed on any WR's taken but has still not hit on any OL players except Jonah unless we count Volson as a hit. 

Just don't see the need to take a player that won't start with the SB window open unless Tee is kept which would be a mistake imo. The window closes some very soon when Chase is signed and is probably merely cracked open if Tee and Chase are signed. Then they will have to hit in the draft.

Plus I see you magically use the first 20 picks of the draft to leave out the huge can't miss OT failure Cedric Ogbuehi selected with the 21st pick who is in much more recent history than Warrick, 18 is not much difference than 21. Yet am fine if the Bengals wait until 2nd or 3rd round if their board dictates that a player they covet will be available. 

Now Ross was a big debacle especially when the Bengals needed OL help per losing Whitworth and Zeitler that season. Will never believe a coach made that decision and think that was the owners doing. Yet doubt the owner ever picks OL players per he hired a consultant when they drafted Zeitler even when it was known they would take an OL. Believe he was the last even ok OL selected and that was 12 years ago. Love bolstering the trenches but they seem to do better with FA than draft picks. 

To rehash, Zac has taken Chase, Tee, Iosivas, Chuck Sizzle at WR and Jonah, Carman, D'Ante Smith, Adeniji, and Volson at OL. Like his track record at WR better than OL personally. By the way I would have taken Penei Sewell over Chase and tried to hit in 2nd round on WR, but maybe I was wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - Go Cards - 03-26-2024, 06:50 AM