Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-26-2024, 12:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well my focus was low to mid draft  should have just said 18th and down, just wanted to point out that when we have went low to mid draft we have done well as an organization with tackles... but to me you can;t base your decision making on well we missed that year so lets pass this year... if this team stays healthy, i think we are draftings in the 20s so to me this is the year with picking 18 and the depth of RTs to take one...

After looking it over here are the Bengals 1st round OL players selected

Jonah Williams .......11th
Andre Smith............6th
Levi Jones...............10th
Willie Anderson........10th
Anthony Munoz........3rd
Bob Johnson............2nd
Kevin Zeitler ............27th
Cedric Ogbuehi.........21st
Billy Price.................21st

Seems to me the Bengals only really have not missed as you claim while drafting within the top 10 picks and the only reason you expanded to 20 is because the 2 huge flops at 21. Yet they've never really struck gold in the teens unless you count Jonah but even that was at 11. 

You used Tee as a prime example as to why they should wait until the 2nd round for WR per Tee being drafted there. Albeit he was the second player taken in the 2nd round. Yet you're right and Marvin Jones was drafted with a comp pick in the 5th even, so I get it. 

Yet I submit into evidence that Whitworth was taken with the 55th pick in the 2nd round proving OL can be taken later as well a still be a hit. Bigger hit than most with the exception of Munoz and Willie. Although Whit should always be mentioned in the same breath as those two as well. 

Now I am with you if Tee is signed long term but to lose Tee, Boyd, Mixon, and even Irv Smith that accounts for quite a bit of Burrows passing yards and should make weapons a priority. Especially on a passing team like Zac features. 

Plus think Zac's Bengals have been much better with OL in FA than draft. Although do think when they restock on weapons they should try drafting future OL once again. For now though

Orlando Brown, Cappa, Karras, Trent Brown > Jonah, Carman, Volson, D'Ante Smith, Adeniji

Yet will get behind whatever direction they go, but will always feel it's a mistake to sign Burrow, Chase, and Tee and tie up that much money in only one facet of the game and neglect the rest. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - Go Cards - 03-26-2024, 06:07 PM