Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-28-2024, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope this is how Tee looks at it if we don't trade him.

I see a lot of fans say a tagged player is not happy and will pull out an injury to tank the season. I have yet to see a NFL player take that route. 

First, pay me 22 million for 1 year, 1 year and I would play a year and possibly retire and live off the interest of 12 million or so. My point is he may not like it, but hard to feel sorry for a guy making 22 million so in the court of public opinion with fans and more importantly NFL executives wanting him, bad idea to have a bad year in 2021.

Second, he can still agree to a longer-term contract with the Bengals. That is an option, it is up to him to decline the offer. My guess is a 4-year deal would be around 80 million with 55 million guaranteed. If that is the Bengal's offer to him for security, why would he say no? 

Last, he can ask permission to seek a trade with another team from our FO to see if he can find a team to sign him to more money long term and willing to give the Bengals their ask.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - Luvnit2 - 03-28-2024, 05:33 PM