Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-29-2024, 09:19 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think trying to model your teams after Mahomes/Reid and Brady/Bill B is going to be a tall order.  

The last 3 years we have had positional strength vs most opponents in 2 areas (QB and WR).  If we go into 2024 without Tee, our only position strength, vs most opponents, at this point would be QB.  That still has time to change, but I don’t see that positional strength coming from anywhere else, this year.  I think from a roster construction standpoint, we NEED tee this year and we better hit on some draft picks to set up other areas to become a position strength vs opponents from a week to week standpoint.  

The chiefs, last year, had QB, TE and defense.

I know JB isn’t a slouch, never said he was.  But at this point he (along with every other QB) is a pretty distant second to mahomes.  Even the chiefs went out and got themselves a somewhat proven commodity in marquise brown this year.  What they had last year wasn’t sustainable, hence the move.

When you say positional strength over last 3 years it must be noted that all 3 of those years Tee and Chase were on rookie deals still and the Bengals were able to pay talent to be around them. We are now seeing the Bates and Readers leaving to make room and it will not stop hemorrhaging ever if all 3 are signed. 

Plus 2 of those years Burrow was playing for peanuts too. All that is changing very quickly and paying 3 players over $100 million leaving only $3 million a player for the other 49 players just is not smart in my book. Hill will be next forced to walk for more money because the Bengals can't afford if the 3 break the bank. 

If Tee does not get disgruntled and tries then the Bengals could have one more year window with the 3 to try to win one before Tee walks to the highest bidder with no return. That team could be the steelers, Ravens, or Browns which be haunting.  But if he plays to not get hurt, then it blows up in their face and he still walks for free. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - Go Cards - 03-29-2024, 08:09 PM