Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAS - Bengals 2023 starting OL least athletic in league
(03-25-2024, 11:35 AM)depthchart Wrote: Doesn't Orlando Brown Jr have a really poor RAS score yet he is a Key Piece to the O-line ?

He fell to the 3rd round in part because he tested so poorly at his Combine.

I think the Bengals should lean on proven Free Agents at the Offensive Line positions and Draft other positions early

that they will be more likely to Hit on.  Just hitting on a player at any other position prevents having to get a Free Agent there.

Only Draft say a 1st round Offensive Lineman if it is a really SOLID prospect. (not developmental or riskier 1st rounders)

Use a 2nd round pick only when convinced that the Offensive Line prospect in the Best Player Available.

Take some Offensive Linemen for depth (say rounds 3 or 4 or 5) and hopefully a few of them end up being very good.

Every so often, if another guy that people thought should have been a 1st rounder is falling in the Draft (like Orlando Brown Jr did)

then maybe take that guy say in round 3 or 4. 

In General, lean of Proven Free Agents on the Starting O-line.

RAS for the 5 OL last year:
OBJ - 0.71
Volson - 6.06
Karras - 5.15
Cappa - 2.93
Jonah - 5.48

I am not sure if they factored in anyone else that might have played some (e.g. Ford) or if maybe some of the guys didn't do some of the drills, as the average I calculate with the above 5 guys is 4.066 not 4.11. Still pretty close calculation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RAS - Bengals 2023 starting OL least athletic in league - ochocincos - 03-25-2024, 11:46 AM