Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(03-29-2024, 04:52 AM)Dill Wrote: Pally's "criteria" were listed in service of the larger point that Trump and the GOP have become a serious threat to US democracy. 
I.e., Trump's turn to authoritarianism, bringing his willing party along, is the threat under discussion.

You quoted these lines together:
How does Trump turn this country into a Totalitarian government...It is easier than we thing
-a Lack of respect for the Constitution and law

I was treating your "showing the Dems disdain for both" as part of an argument that both parties are therefore equal threats to democracy, not that they have the same "objectives," because you placed that "equal disdain" claim in opposition to these two statements, offered as part of the same argument. 

So you don't see the Democrats disdain for Constitutional law as a threat to democracy in and of itself? If you consider it a threat from one side whose demonstration that condition as a threat, how can it not be the same when the other side does likewise?  After all, we are talking about both sides of the same coin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - SunsetBengal - 04-04-2024, 07:18 PM