Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-05-2024, 06:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really? I find that sentence to be laughable at best. If the Democratic Party were the front line of protection of the Constitution, why are they always attempting to squash people's rights granted in the 1st and 2nd Amendments at the State and local levels? As well as infringing upon earnest citizens rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness by initiating such policies as doing away with cash bail, putting criminals right back out there to do harm to the hard working, tax paying portion of our society?

How have Democrats interfered with the 1st amendment at the state and local level?  I know that many red states have passed laws limiting free speech under the guise of "protecting" children.  They are censoring books going so far as to threaten librarians if they won't play book police for conservatives.  There are state legislatures who are blatant about the "Christian" bent of their legislation.

As for the 2nd amendment, wanting reasonable restrictions such as universal background checks, a waiting period, restrictions on people making violent threats having weapons, and restricting high-capacity magazines is not anti-2A.  It is using a common sense approach to increasing gun violence recognizing that the words in the amendment were interpreted in a much different way for a majority of its existence and understands that today's weapons can do far more damage than the muskets in use when it was written.

I'd love to hear some specifics 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - pally - 04-05-2024, 07:06 PM