Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-05-2024, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So that poll of student preferences  establishes the global trend.

We live in the US, I could care less about "Global Trend".  

And in Canada, the UK and Australia, the "modern left" is jailing people for "offensive" opinion. 

Hmmm. No links or mention of what those opinions were though.

Hmm, so you would like for the US to do away with the protections of 1A, got it.

LOL The new "centrism."  Far left "Fascists" won't tolerate speakers who claim Trans people suffer from mental disease. 

Calling people what they biologically are is only offensive to the people who subscribe to the Party of "trust the Science". Failing to allow those who do not believe people's fairytales about being the opposite gender is 1A suppression.

1. The comments on global trending were in response to SSF's comments on global trending.
    Apparently he does care about such things, or he'd not have mentioned Canada, the UK, etc.

2. I noted that SSF provided no links to his examples of "modern left" speech suppression.
    How'm I supposed to know what he is talking about.  Plus he's eager to present evidence when he really has it.
    From that you concluded I am against free speech?

3. I don't think that speech should be limited simply because someone claims to be offended by it. Were that allowed, then anyone could legally
    prevent other political views from being heard by claiming to be offended. I think it odd, though to call oneself a "centrist" while calling 
    some college students "fascist" for opposing speakers advocating polices negatively targeting gender or racial identities.  For the record, I
    don't think people should be legally penalized for hate speech against minorities (unless there is a safety issue of the "yelling fire in a crowded
    theater" type). But discrimination, e.g. in hiring, is another matter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Dill - 04-05-2024, 10:05 PM