Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-08-2024, 07:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I ignored the question because I reject the premise. Protected classes are race, religion, veteran status, sexual orientation, etc. There is no "trumping" of these. The protection extends in that you cannot be discriminated against based on these categories. Everyone is covered by every one of these classes. I am white, and I am protected under the race class because discrimination based on race is illegal for me the same as it is for a person of color. I am a Lutheran; the religion protection extends to me the same as it does to a Muslim or a Jain. There is no "trumping" because the laws are that you cannot infringe on the rights of another based on these. You are protected as a cisgender individual under laws making discrimination based on gender identity illegal the same as someone who is trans.

That's an ideal situation but we are already at a point where one group is in conflict with another. 
Women vs Tran-Women in public bathrooms. I know it's not a fav topic and has been beat to death. 
But it's a prime example of one groups right trumping another, no matter which way it goes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Mike M (the other one) - 04-08-2024, 12:44 PM