Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-09-2024, 10:53 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: On the science side, since it's definitely not the norm for people to have xxy chromosomes, Polydactylism is more common than that, and it's classified as a deformation. It doesn't make them a lesser person, just different and that's something they will have to deal with their whole lives. Sorry but that's just a fact.

You're still focusing on sex when I am discussing gender. They are two different things.

(04-09-2024, 10:53 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And your focusing on Adults, I already said I didn't give a sh*t which bathroom they use. My focus is on School age kids and how to make it fair for all involved. 

[quote='Mike M (the other one)' pid='1472079' dateline='1712670818']Also, instead of answering the simple question of how to make this fair for everyone involved, you keep focusing on the wrong thing.
It's as simple as mandating Single use bathrooms in public places, this way everyone is treated the same (I have been waiting for one of you to offer this up, but it doesn't seem that you are all capable of finding a middle ground, It's constantly your way or not at all). This is a much better method than trying to constantly please a few (you know the liberal way of doing things). This can also be applied to schools and the overall problem is solved other than biological men competing against biological women in Women's sports, which at the current time i see no resolution other than to have an open category. 

The infrastructure required for the single-stall bathrooms would be prohibitive; that's why I don't offer it up as a solution. Personally, I'd be okay with just one giant bathroom for everyone to use and stalls that didn't have gaps in them which would be a more economical solution, but people don't like that. Truthfully, though, there is no "middle ground" solution that will resolve these issues. There are always going to be people unhappy and demanding their side of things. Don't pretend that it's just a liberal thing when "conservatives" are out here doing the same. Honestly, most teens and kids probably wouldn't care if it wasn't learned behavior to care from the adults around them. If we instead taught them that you just mind your own business, some people are different, and what they do in the stall doesn't concern you then it wouldn't be an issue at all. But that would require actually working on our societal values rather than trying to utilize infrastructure to cover up our inadequacies as a society when it comes to treating each other with respect and dignity.

Just my two cents.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Belsnickel - 04-09-2024, 11:29 AM