Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-09-2024, 04:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thank you for the well-detailed response. I won't lie. When I was reading it I was thinking, Nah, I think bipartisanly we could work this out. But then I got towards the last sentence and heard Hannity in my head screaming "The deceiving Dems are wanting to take your tax dollars to build LGBTQ bathroom. Seriously folks, you can't make this stuff up."

I would like to hope it would be well received because as we discussed earlier, it meets a need and gives both parties a huge solution to a smaller problem which both could campaign on. Yet, with the amount of hatred towards one another, it's possible this thing would blow up.

Yeah, right now the political environment is just far too volatile for it. Even before the recent trends in partisan attitudes this would've been a hard sell for bipartisanship, but as we go on we see fewer and fewer things getting that sort of support. Things that used to be obvious yes votes in both chambers have become party-line or nearly party-line votes. It is a sad state of affairs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Belsnickel - 04-09-2024, 05:11 PM