Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ladd McConkey
This guy would be a fantastic fit especially if Boyd doesn't return.

He's everything you'd want in a slot receiver with Tee and Chase outside.

I think trading down in the 1st round and picking up this guy at like #27 and get an extra 2nd would be the way to go.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/ZhhdedLEL3U
Reply/Quote
he's a nasty boy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdcJdn2AkZ0

I demand MC Howley to make a Ladd McConkey song if we draft him
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:25 PM)EatonFan Wrote: This guy would be a fantastic fit especially if Boyd doesn't return.

I think trading down in the 1st round and picking up this guy at like #27 and get an extra 2nd would be the way to go.

I could go for this McDraft:

RD1: Kool-Aid McKinstrey

RD2: Ladd McConkey

RD3: McKinnley Jackson

RD3: Luke McCafferty

RD4: Mason McCormick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I could go for this McDraft:

RD1: Kool-Aid McKinstrey

RD2: Ladd McConkey

RD3: McKinnley Jackson

RD3: Luke McCafferty

RD4: Mason McCormick

I'd be all in for this but McConkey won't be there at #47.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:25 PM)EatonFan Wrote: This guy would be a fantastic fit especially if Boyd doesn't return.

Nice. Who’s your right tackle when brown goes down who’s ur corner opposite cam Taylor Britt. Who’s the nose next to hill and rankins!? But no let’s go wide receiver when we have two of the top ones already on the team. Silly kids. Smh
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 10:02 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Nice.  Who’s your right tackle when brown goes down who’s ur corner opposite cam Taylor Britt.  Who’s the nose next to hill and rankins!?  But no let’s go wide receiver when we have two of the top ones already on the team.  Silly kids. Smh

Unless the Bengals take a stud CB in Rd 1, no drafted CB is likely going to be better than Turner or Hill going into Game 1.
I think the coaches are more optimistic about Turner and Hill than some fans are.
And Turner played fantastic the first half of the season, so I think he deserves a chance.
There are plenty of veteran CBs out there who can be picked up too in FA still as a stopgap while Turner and Hill continue to develop (assuming they haven't blossomed after having a full offseason and preseason).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
When I mocked him end of the first people think I’m crazy. He’s my 4th best receiver and best route runner in the draft, the day he’s drafted he’s a top 5 route guy in the league. If he were black and played with a better qb he would be considered top 10 easy

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt he is around at #49.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 10:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Unless the Bengals take a stud CB in Rd 1, no drafted CB is likely going to be better than Turner or Hill going into Game 1.
I think the coaches are more optimistic about Turner and Hill than some fans are.
And Turner played fantastic the first half of the season, so I think he deserves a chance.
There are plenty of veteran CBs out there who can be picked up too in FA still as a stopgap while Turner and Hill continue to develop (assuming they haven't blossomed after having a full offseason and preseason).

Turner's PFF grade and Passer Rating Allowed When Targeted are actually comparable to CTB's rookie year.  For some reason, everyone is ready to dumpster him already while folks were delighted with CTB.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 12:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Turner's PFF grade and Passer Rating Allowed When Targeted are actually comparable to CTB's rookie year.  For some reason, everyone is ready to dumpster him already while folks were delighted with CTB.  

And the difference in Turner vs CTB is CTB was primarily covering WR2's whereas Turner was primarily covering WR1's.
I think we'll see a better Turner this year compared to last, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt he will grow. It doesn't always happen.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 10:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Unless the Bengals take a stud CB in Rd 1, no drafted CB is likely going to be better than Turner or Hill going into Game 1.

The bengals should take a stud Corner in 1 or in round 2. They did it with Cam Taylor.
This a draft for the trenches. We already have sand at that beach no thanks for more. We have no insurance for Trent brown which means for in turn none for burrow and we have no solution for our biggest loss even if we lost Higgins in reader. Hard nooooooooo to mcconkey but I see the bengals doing some dumb crap like that so it’s not out of the realm of possibility
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 10:02 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Nice.  Who’s your right tackle when brown goes down who’s ur corner opposite cam Taylor Britt.  Who’s the nose next to hill and rankins!?  But no let’s go wide receiver when we have two of the top ones already on the team.  Silly kids. Smh

I know people scream "there's a hole!!" but the draft is balancing holes with BPA. This draft class is stacked with OL and WR especially at the top so you can absolutely see the Bengals staying with the strength of the draft class targeting those positions early.

As to the OP: I'm a big Ladd McConkey fan and he does fit their mold for a slot guy but I expect the Bengals want to get Chase 15% to 20% more snaps in the slot (45% to 50% total). I wonder if a guy like Jermaine Burton will be higher on their board. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

If Quinyon Mitchell is on the board he will be hard to pass up because he fits so well but I would hate seeing a CB in Round 1 just because 4 of the last 6 top 100 picks have been Defensive Backs.. eventually these picks have to play.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 01:43 PM)Synric Wrote: I know people scream "there's a hole!!" but the draft is balancing holes with BPA. This draft class is stacked with OL and WR especially at the top so you can absolutely see the Bengals staying with the strength of the draft class targeting those positions early.

As to the OP: I'm a big Ladd McConkey fan and he does fit their mold for a slot guy but I expect the Bengals want to get Chase 15% to 20% more snaps in the slot (45% to 50% total). I wonder if a guy like Jermaine Burton will be higher on their board. 

Ladd can move around though and can block as well. I think he would be pretty high on their board!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:27 PM)EatonFan Wrote: https://youtu.be/ZhhdedLEL3U

Great route runner, yards after catch Slot WR alright...

I just think we need an outside WR to replace Tee more than another Slot WR would be my only complaint. Chase is fantastic in the Slot
and I think we will see him a ton more there with Boyd most likely leaving. But would I be mad if we took Ladd McConkey? Hell nah. Mellow
Reply/Quote

That's why I said to trade down to pick up another 2nd and take the tackle there.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 04:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great route runner, yards after catch Slot WR alright...

I just think we need an outside WR to replace Tee more than another Slot WR would be my only complaint. Chase is fantastic in the Slot
and I think we will see him a ton more there with Boyd most likely leaving. But would I be mad if we took Ladd McConkey? Hell nah. Mellow

Just keep Boyd if we lose Tee.  Boyd has played outside and has good hands.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 11:01 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Just keep Boyd if we lose Tee.  Boyd has played outside and has good hands.

Boyd does not play outside well there's a reason he hardly plays there. It's getting harder and harder for him to get seperation in the slot they'll eat him alive outside. No thanks!
Reply/Quote