Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Bengals draft best center or best OG with #1 pick?
(03-31-2024, 09:35 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: It might be considered a goal or target length but under 32 1/2" is not the exception. Going into last year 17 of the starting centers in the NFL had under 32 1/2" arms compared to 11 who had over. 

I know some don't agree with PFF but if you go off of their center rankings, 4 of the top 10 centers had under, 3 had exactly 32 1/2 arms and 3 had over (and this is with listing Kerras at 32 1/2" as he has conflicting info.) Conversely 6 of the bottom 10 centers had over 32 1/2 arms vs 4 under. The number of starting (and good centers) with under 32 1/2" arms is only going to increase after this draft with 3 of the top prospects, JPJ, Zach Frazier and Sedrick Van Pran all having under 32 1/2" arms. 

Also one of the best Bengal centers in more recent Bengals history, Rich Braham had under 32 1/2" arms. Nothing about JPJs arm length would prevent me from selecting him in Round 1. 

Price had 32.0" arm length, but he also did not have the athleticism and hands to compensate for lack of length.
You're right, under 32.5" arm length isn't a death sentence, but a guy NEEDS to have some other elite traits to compensate.

JPJ looks to have that athleticism that is needed, and he has longer arms than Price anyway. He could be a (very) good center.

WTS, I don't personally think IOL is high on their board this draft, and the only way I see them going IOL in Rd 1 is if he's head and shoulders above the other guys as BPA. They'll almost assuredly take OT, DT, WR, CB, or Bowers in Rd 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Bengals draft best center or best OG with #1 pick? - ochocincos - 04-02-2024, 10:15 AM