Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Bengals draft best center or best OG with #1 pick?
(04-02-2024, 12:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There will be so many good options for OL at 18. Heck, even still if they trade back into somewhere in the 20's.

Fuaga
Latham
JPJ
Barton
Fashanu
Guyton
Mims

At least two of these dudes will be available to pick from at 18.
About the only guy I think is a guaranteed OL to not make it to Bengals is Joe Alt.

Bengals also could have a shot at one of the elite IDLs - Newton and/or Murphy.

And the best part? Bengals don't HAVE to force any OL or DL into a starting role as a rookie.

About the only spot some are worried about in regard to 2023 starters is outside CB opposite of CTB. But the Bengals do have two young high draft picks in Turner and Hill that could be fighting for that spot. And they could always add a stopgap veteran to help as well.

They are in a pretty good spot going into the draft.

Does the Bengal's FO think 2024 so an impact player immediately. Or do they think 2024 and beyond with a potential impact player?

Bengals should have many options on the OL as you mentioned which if we look to 2025, is a major weakness with guys currently signed as we lose a center and a RT.

We could also go a number of other ways if they feel BPA fell into their lap.

DT - Murphy or Newton
WR - Thomas 
CB - Mitchell
TE - Bowers

The good news is we can go with BPA is something strange happens.

I could be wrong, but my guess is all of the guys mentioned above other than Newton may be in our top 15. Kepp in mind, our board has no QB's on it. If 4 QB's go before us, we likely get a top 15 talent. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Bengals draft best center or best OG with #1 pick? - Luvnit2 - 04-02-2024, 02:03 PM