Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting....
I was watching the NFL Mock Draft on the NFL Network, Bucky Brooks and Rhett Lewis both had Mims rated higher than Latham. Mims was 4th and Latham was the 5th rated OT. BTW, Lewis had us trading down with Minnesota and taking Guyton.
Reply/Quote
I wonder who has the record for least starts in college for a first round pick?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 10:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was watching the NFL Mock Draft on the NFL Network, Bucky Brooks and Rhett Lewis both had Mims rated higher than Latham. Mims was 4th and Latham was the 5th rated OT. BTW, Lewis had us trading down with Minnesota and taking Guyton.

reading "tea leaves" I feel lately Bengals have been signaling that Mims maybe their guy at 18
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking the pick is Mims. I've grown on the pick and think it's worth they gamble with Brown signed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Give me Amarius Mims and I am happy. I think we will regret not taking him in the years to come. Latham has issues, he has heavy
feet, is not the best run blocker because of it and plays undisciplined at times and gets slapped with penalties. Mims on the other hand
has light feet, great balance, has great athleticism for his size and is a good run blocker.

The only RT that handled OSU's EDGE JT was Mims in this Draft. JT gave all these guy's troubles, Mims the least amount from what I
saw. Mims could start at LG as a rookie and make Volson good depth. When Trent Brown inevitably goes down Mims could slid right into
RT for us. Perfect fit, just like Byron Murphy at DT who is a great run stopper and a good pass rusher in the middle.
Reply/Quote
I have questions about Mims but I would rather draft him than Latham if it comes down to a choice between the 2. Latham has slow feet, can get beat by fast edge rushers and commits a bunch of penalties. I think Mims has more potential so he would be my pick but I wouldnt hate a Latham pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 10:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was watching the NFL Mock Draft on the NFL Network, Bucky Brooks and Rhett Lewis both had Mims rated higher than Latham. Mims was 4th and Latham was the 5th rated OT. BTW, Lewis had us trading down with Minnesota and taking Guyton.

(04-15-2024, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Give me Amarius Mims and I am happy. I think we will regret not taking him in the years to come. Latham has issues, he has heavy
feet, is not the best run blocker because of it and plays undisciplined at times and gets slapped with penalties. Mims on the other hand
has light feet, great balance, has great athleticism for his size and is a good run blocker.

The only RT that handled OSU's EDGE JT was Mims in this Draft. JT gave all these guy's troubles, Mims the least amount from what I
saw. Mims could start at LG as a rookie and make Volson good depth. When Trent Brown inevitably goes down Mims could slid right into
RT for us. Perfect fit, just like Byron Murphy at DT who is a great run stopper and a good pass rusher in the middle.

They decided against Anton Harrison last year for lack of film vs NFL caliber opposition. Guyton doesn’t have much either. Nobody from the Bengals at Guyton’s pro day. How they perform there not as important as asking people there about him. Also another chance to meet and greet. I just don’t see Guyton and I’m pretty tuned in on OU players
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 03:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They decided against Anton Harrison last year for lack of film vs NFL caliber opposition. Guyton doesn’t have much either. Nobody from the Bengals at Guyton’s pro day. How they perform there not as important as asking people there about him. Also another chance to meet and greet. I just don’t see Guyton and I’m pretty tuned in on OU players

Good news, not high on Guyton. Wouldn't be against him in a trade back but please no at 18.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, many also had Greg Robinson over Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan in 2014.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, many also had Greg Robinson over Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan in 2014.

True, it is really tough to judge who is going to be the best pro judging from a player's college career. Especially on OL it seems.
Reply/Quote