Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move up for JPJ in 2nd?
I'm reading rumors of injury and concussion concerns for Powers-Johnson that might push him down past the Cowboys at 25. No one needs a center at the bottom of the draft although a few could use a guard. Carolina should draft him at 33, but do they want to pick a center with the first pick of their draft? Chargers need a center at 37. Carolina picks again at 39 although they are a possible trade partner as they have lots of needs and might prefer more picks.

Assuming the medical don't scare the Bengals off, at what point in the 2nd, if at all, do you consider trading up for JPJ?

Don't forget Zach Frazier is likely to go in the mid 2nd, and seems to be edging up boards as after his broken leg (in a game after which he crawled off the field to save his team a time runoff) he worked out at the combine and again at the Big12 pro day. He seems fine.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 04:11 AM)puddycat Wrote: I'm reading rumors of injury and concussion concerns for Powers-Johnson that might push him down past the Cowboys at 25.  No one needs a center at the bottom of the draft although a few could use a guard.  Carolina should draft him at 33, but do they want to pick a center with the first pick of their draft?  Chargers need a center at 37. Carolina picks again at 39 although they are a possible trade partner as they have lots of needs and might prefer more picks.

Assuming the medical don't scare the Bengals off, at what point in the 2nd, if at all, do you consider trading up for JPJ?  

Don't forget Zach Frazier is likely to go in the mid 2nd, and seems to be edging up boards as after his broken leg (in a game after which he crawled off the field to save his team a time runoff) he worked out at the combine and again at the Big12 pro day.  He seems fine.

I wouldn't trade up for C.  We don't need an immediate starter and this is actually a pretty stacked draft at the position.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would not be in favor or moving up. There will be talent in the 2nd at several various positions when the Bengals pick. Stay where you are, keep your additional draft pick(s) that would be used to move up and draft the best talent at that time. There are lots of good 2nd and 3rd round targets.
Reply/Quote
Have to know more about JPJ's condition before I trade up for the guy.

Love what he did at Oregon, but I never like the sound of degenerative medical issues.

Now I would trade back and select Graham Barton who has no issues and not have a problem at all with it.

We would have our next Center for the future and our IOL could end up being great down the road. Really hard to find a good Center
as us Bengals fans know more than most.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we are gonna burn draft capital to move up at any point. I mean, maybe one if the 6ths/7ths?

But that won't buy you much.

I think we will just sit at #49 and take what comes.
Reply/Quote