Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachie and Adomitis signed
LB Bachie and LS Adomitis both signed 1 year contracts

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Gotta have our Long Snapper, honestly wouldn't be against extending Cal.

Bachie is a good, smart vet 4-3 LB'er.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gotta have our Long Snapper, honestly wouldn't be against extending Cal.

Bachie is a good, smart vet 4-3 LB'er.

Discussing a more than one-year contract for Adomitis might be a nice breather from Tee-talk, but I got nothing to add to such conversation. Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 02:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Discussing a more than one-year contract for Adomitis might be a nice breather from Tee-talk, but I got nothing to add to such conversation. Hilarious

Definitely not as heated lol
Reply/Quote
Adomitis had to sign or retire, so glad he is back. Though I am a bit surprised only for 1 year. Likely a raise coming when he is no longer ERFA next year.

Glad to have Bachie back. Interesting he got done before Bailey. Wilson, Pratt, ADG, Bailey, & Harper inked with Heyward a PS guy & Bailey a FA.

Of our own vet FAs:

Re-signed: T. Williams, Irwin, D. Sample, Hudson, Ford; ADG, Bachie, Adomitis (ERFA).

Tendered: Higgins, Browning.

Signed elsewhere/Traded: Reader, Awuzie, Mixon, J. Williams, Morgan Jr.

Still a FA: Boyd, Wilcox, Scharping; Tupou, Bailey.

I may be forgetting someone.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:21 PM)pally Wrote: LB Bachie and LS Adomitis both signed 1 year contracts

Adomitis channeling his inner Clark Harris.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad to have them both back. Should be set at LS. Would like to see a LB or two in the draft. Can't let the two high paid starters get complacent.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 04:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Glad to have them both back. Should be set at LS. Would like to see a LB or two in the draft. Can't let the two high paid starters get complacent.

Any LB's in this draft that come to mind?

I wouldn't be against taking one late as long as Punter is taken care of and we get a Returner like Ainias Smith.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:18 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Adomitis had to sign or retire, so glad he is back. Though I am a bit surprised only for 1 year. Likely a raise coming when he is no longer ERFA next year.

Glad to have Bachie back. Interesting he got done before Bailey. Wilson, Pratt, ADG, Bailey, & Harper inked with Heyward a PS guy & Bailey a FA.

Of our own vet FAs:

Re-signed: T. Williams, Irwin, D. Sample, Hudson, Ford; ADG, Bachie, Adomitis (ERFA).

Tendered: Higgins, Browning.

Signed elsewhere/Traded: Reader, Awuzie, Mixon, J. Williams, Morgan Jr.

Still a FA: Boyd, Wilcox, Scharping; Tupou, Bailey.

I may be forgetting someone.

McCarron maybe but he asked to be released i believe to go back to the other league
Reply/Quote
Bachie been one of my fave backup guys for a while

Seems like when he has to come in, there’s no drop off.

Obviously he’s not Logan Wilson but it feels like when he’s in we aren’t in disaster mode. Like he can handle a few series just fine
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 09:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: McCarron maybe but he asked to be released i believe to go back to the other league

To play for the St Louis Battlehawks, McCarron has been okay with them so far this year. He still holds onto the ball too long lol
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To play for the St Louis Battlehawks, McCarron has been okay with them so far this year. He still holds onto the ball too long lol

I'd be fine with them releasing McCarron to play in the UFL (or whatever it's called now) and then signing him back every year to be our #3. That way you have a #3 that is actually playing and getting reps instead of just running the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd be fine with them releasing McCarron to play in the UFL (or whatever it's called now) and then signing him back every year to be our #3. That way you have a #3 that is actually playing and getting reps instead of just running the practice squad.

I have never understood the NFL's flippant attitude towards minor league football and how they don't exploit this opportunity to get some needed playing time for their fringe players.

In the old WLAF and NFL Europe days, after an NFL season, the Bengals would sign three or four players off of the street, send them to their ''farm teams'' and after they finished, they would be cut. I believe that JoJuan Armour was their only NFL Europe player that actually played a bit with the Bengals. Their reason/BS excuse for not sending fringe roster players was "We don't want our players coached by coaches that are not on our staff."

As a Bengals fan that was watching some of the worst teams in NFL history, I was always a bit insulted by that approach, thinking "You sorry ass MFers need as much help as you can get.<---period"
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd be fine with them releasing McCarron to play in the UFL (or whatever it's called now) and then signing him back every year to be our #3. That way you have a #3 that is actually playing and getting reps instead of just running the practice squad.

I agree, fine with this. McCarron is smart and is a good #3 QB to have on the team every year in case.

With Browning showing his worth last year, we are much better at our backup QB position than any time I can remember, at least since Fitzmagic.
Reply/Quote
I'm good with both signings, and yes I'm hoping that we take a LB in the middle rounds with our picks. I would like more solid depth at the position. Some guys I like are:

1) Jeremiah Trotter- (Clemson) 6'0 230 probably comp pick 3rd rd

2) Cedric Gray- (UNC) 6'1 235, Possible 4th/ 5th Rd

3) Curtis Jacobs- (PSU) 6'1 240 possible 5th rd
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 06:45 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I'm good with both signings, and yes I'm hoping that we take a LB in the middle rounds with our picks. I would like more solid depth at the position. Some guys I like are:

1) Jeremiah Trotter- (Clemson) 6'0 230 probably comp pick 3rd rd

2) Cedric Gray- (UNC) 6'1 235, Possible 4th/ 5th Rd

3) Curtis Jacobs- (PSU) 6'1 240 possible 5th rd

Thanks for some names of Linebackers Schroomy. Haven't been following them as it isn't a huge need, but not against adding a decent one
for depth that takes good angles when tackling and is decent in coverage.
Reply/Quote