Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SportingNews 7-Round Mock
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2024-7-rounds/e5ba9c59dc9a5ebb1d0fd563

1) JC Latham, OT Alabama
2) Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
3) Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE Texas
3comp) Jamari Thrash, WR Louisville
4) Cole Bishop, SAF Utah
5) Dallin Holker, TE Colorado St
6) Myles Murphy, DT North Carolina (This would be weird lol. Two Myles Murphys on the same team!)
6comp) Michael Wiley, RB Arizona
7-Mixon Trade w/ Texans) Jaxon Janke, WR South Dakota St
7) Evan Anderson, DT FAU

Is this a draft people would be happy or even excited about?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What does SAF mean again? lol

I like the Latham pick, seems early for Sainristil even if I think he will be a Bengal when it is all said and done. I saw Mocks
with Sainristil in the 6th round earlier this Draft season. I like Sanders okay, good pass catcher at TE. I liked Thrash when I
watched him play. Have no idea about Bishop, name sounds familiar though.

I like Holker, but I doubt we go for 2 TE's and would rather draft a NT in the 5th. Wouldn't surprise me if Sweat was around
and we drafted him. I know nothing of this other Myles Murphy ha ha

I know nothing of Wiley or Janke, I like Evan Anderson late.

I guess overall I would be happy with it, not thrilled, but happy with it.
Reply/Quote
Doesn’t really move my needle. But it seems I’ve seen a few posts about bishop moving up the boards quickly.

At least it seems like a realistic mock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What does SAF mean again? lol

I like the Latham pick, seems early for Sainristil even if I think he will be a Bengal when it is all said and done. I saw Mocks
with Sainristil in the 6th round earlier this Draft season. I like Sanders okay, good pass catcher at TE. I liked Thrash when I
watched him play. Have no idea about Bishop, name sounds familiar though.

I like Holker, but I doubt we go for 2 TE's and would rather draft a NT in the 5th. Wouldn't surprise me if Sweat was around
and we drafted him. I know nothing of this other Myles Murphy ha ha

I know nothing of Wiley or Janke, I like Evan Anderson late.

I guess overall I would be happy with it, not thrilled, but happy with it.

Safety
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 06:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2024-7-rounds/e5ba9c59dc9a5ebb1d0fd563

1) JC Latham, OT Alabama
4) Cole Bishop, SAF Utah
6) Myles Murphy, DT North Carolina (This would be weird lol. Two Myles Murphys on the same team!)
7) Evan Anderson, DT FAU

not two TEs in fist 5 rounds.. first three rounds solid though.. perspective.. 2023 and 2022 zero of their picks did we draft...
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 06:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2024-7-rounds/e5ba9c59dc9a5ebb1d0fd563

1) JC Latham, OT Alabama
4) Cole Bishop, SAF Utah
7) Evan Anderson, DT FAU

Other than Latham, I kinda hate it. Anderson in the 7th is fine. 

I love Sainristil, but we have Hilton, Dax Hill, and J. Davis on the roster at slot corner. Unless we are giving up on Hill entirely, that pick at #49 is dumb. We need a boundary CB, not a slot. Boundary CB, NT, DT, and WR all higher on my list. 

I think we have more pressing needs than TE in the 3rd, and do lot love one dimensional TEs. We already have 2 pass catchers (Gesicki, Hudson). If we take a TE, he needs to be more dynamic (Bowers) or more of a 2-way threat/Sample backup. Or use a later pick. Again, NT, WR, CB, and DT are bigger needs for me. Even IOL.

I don't love Thrash as the WR pick. But we do need one. I'd have gone WR ealier. I like guys like McCaffery, Rice, and Washington better around here. 

We have 5 S on the roster. Picking a 6th with CB, NT, and DT needs out there is just plain dumb.

A 2nd TE pick is even dumber.

The two NTs are fine but we should have gorltten at least one way earlier (Sweat, Jackson, Boyd). 

A 2nd WR does not make much sense. And I do not like a RB here either. 

There is not a playable boundary CB in this draft. Nor a guy who will help at NT or WR immediately. Those are our 3 biggest needs, after RT, IMHO. 

No IOL help, nor a P to challenge Robbins, nor a DT pass rusher, nor a LB. And we double dip needlessly at WR & TE.
Reply/Quote

1) JC Latham, OT Alabama
4) Cole Bishop, SAF Utah
7) Evan Anderson, DT FAU

I remember when I started school, my mother said " If you don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything at all".  On that note have a wonderful day =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Might have to look in to getting a refund on my season tix if it went like that.
Reply/Quote

1) JC Latham, OT Alabama
4) Cole Bishop, SAF Utah
7) Evan Anderson, DT FAU

I would not be excited for that draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

1) JC Latham, OT Alabama
4) Cole Bishop, SAF Utah
7) Evan Anderson, DT FAU

Woooooof. But because of that I can see the bengals doing this all day long
Reply/Quote
I'm so over Mich DBs and SAF is the last thing we need.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm so over Mich DBs and SAF is the last thing we need.
Especially one that is 5"8"....

To the OP, I think I would skip the season if this is what we drafted... The best pick is your 7th RDer, Anderson..
Reply/Quote
Part of why I wanted to share this was because it was so bad Tongue
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I got to the Louisville tape while I was sick over the weekend.

Thrash looks like an NFL receiver up until a corner breaths on him at the catch point.

Guerendo has every running back trait except the big 3 vision contact balance and creativity

Jawhar Jordan is a solid running back but his size plus play style can lead to alot of injuries quickly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I don't see the point in drafting Sainristil, honestly. We have our nickel cornerback already in Hilton and Dax Hill is basically our 2nd nickel cornerback for this year and will likely be our #1 NCB in 2025. Then, even behind them, we have Jalen Davis.

Maybe some people project him to be an outside cornerback, but I'm not sure I see it.

Similarly, I don't know why this team would draft a safety in the 4th round. We have plenty of depth back there for 2024 and beyond. That 4th round pick would struggle to even make the roster, unless we decide to carry 5 safeties.

I find double dipping at TE unlikely.

On top of all that, Latham is the OT I have the most concerns about, since he is not an athletic player and chose not to test at his pro day (probably because he knew he would underwhelm).

Overall, I'd be pretty disappointed in this draft.
Reply/Quote
Feels like an old, classic, "Let's give the Bengals a bunch of scrubs so we can mock all the prospects everyone is drooling over to more popular teams to bait more clicks" mock.
Reply/Quote

1) JC Latham, OT Alabama
4) Cole Bishop, SAF Utah
7) Evan Anderson, DT FAU

Woooooof. But because of that I can see the bengals doing this all day long
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 06:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Safety

Thanks, always thought it was just an S when listing Safety, by the way, we don't need one and I think that is a waste of a pick even if Bishop
is a good player. I would take a DT or RB where Bishop is taken in this mock.
Reply/Quote
This does not excite me.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote