Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Trading Higgins for Draft Picks
I can't see helping Steelers by trading them Higgins.  Now Higgins was born in Tennessee and in college played for Clemson.  So maybe Higgins would love going to Tennessee.  Maybe better for Bengals is a trade out of AFC to Carolina or maybe even Atlanta.  If a trade for picks happens, I don't really want Higgins in AFC and certainly not twice a year foe on a AFC North team.  

I'm starting to think Bengals front office mean it that they have no intention of trading Higgins.  I guess we find out in the draft.  If Higgins doesn't get traded in this draft, he's not getting traded. If he chooses not to play, he doesn't get paid.  If he plays, he gets paid a lot as a franchise tag WR,  He will be one of highest paid WR in NFL in 2024 if he plays.  NFL players have sat out and refused to play.  I guess we will see what happens.  As for a trade for draft picks, I would think he would like to play in Tennessee or Carolina again, and those states would love to have him as home star ticket sales. The upside to Higgins as a Carolina Panther is Bengals don't play them much, and Carolinas get Tee Higgins Clemson star.  Higgins in his home state of Tennessee is not as bad as Higgins going to Steelers.  Do not trade him to an AFC North team, he is too good and will beat Bengals brains in twice a year, every year.

Of note is Bills did not get a round 1 for Diggs. If Diggs trade didn't get a round 1, neither would Higgins. So if a Higgins trade happens, odds are it will be less than a round 1.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Not going to happen
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 04:48 AM)kevin Wrote: I can't see helping Steelers by trading them Higgins.  Now Higgins was born in Tennessee and in college played for Clemson.  So maybe Higgins would love going to Tennessee.  Maybe better for Bengals is a trade out of AFC to Carolina or maybe even Atlanta.  If a trade for picks happens, I don't really want Higgins in AFC and certainly not twice a year foe on a AFC North team.  

I'm starting to think Bengals front office mean it that they have no intention of trading Higgins.  I guess we find out in the draft.  If Higgins doesn't get traded in this draft, he's not getting traded. If he chooses not to play, he doesn't get paid.  If he plays, he gets paid a lot as a franchise tag WR,  He will be one of highest paid WR in NFL in 2024 if he plays.  NFL players have sat out and refused to play.  I guess we will see what happens.  As for a trade for draft picks, I would think he would like to play in Tennessee or Carolina again, and those states would love to have him as home star ticket sales. The upside to Higgins as a Carolina Panther is Bengals don't play them much, and Carolinas get Tee Higgins Clemson star.  Higgins in his home state of Tennessee is not as bad as Higgins going to Steelers.  Do not trade him to an AFC North team, he is too good and will beat Bengals brains in twice a year, every year.

Of note is Bills did not get a round 1 for Diggs. If Diggs trade didn't get a round 1, neither would Higgins.  So if a Higgins trade happens, odds are it will be less than a round 1.

Jesus Christ, Kevin.... Tee Higgins is not being traded to the Steelers. Why would you even give a moment of thought to that?

Also, Digger is 4 years older than Higgins and a head case. Been traded away from 2 different teams for being disruptive and a bad dude.... But nobody is giving a 1st for Tee regardless because this WR group is so deep in this year's draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 05:51 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Jesus Christ, Kevin.... Tee Higgins is not being traded to the Steelers. Why would you even give a moment of thought to that?

Also, Digger is 4 years older than Higgins and a head case. Been traded away from 2 different teams for being disruptive and a bad dude.... But nobody is giving a 1st for Tee regardless because this WR group is so deep in this year's draft.

Tee is better than the Wrs in the late first/day 2nd.

If I'm a team with a young QB I would rather have a proven WR than an unproven WR...
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 04:48 AM)kevin Wrote: I can't see helping Steelers by trading them Higgins.  Now Higgins was born in Tennessee and in college played for Clemson.  So maybe Higgins would love going to Tennessee.  Maybe better for Bengals is a trade out of AFC to Carolina or maybe even Atlanta.  If a trade for picks happens, I don't really want Higgins in AFC and certainly not twice a year foe on a AFC North team.  

Of note is Bills did not get a round 1 for Diggs. If Diggs trade didn't get a round 1, neither would Higgins.  So if a Higgins trade happens, odds are it will be less than a round 1.
Diggs is on the wrong side of 30 and Higgins is 24 or 25....big difference.
Reply/Quote
It's not our team's style to play a game like this and then come out and have it been that we were just trying to make teams up their offers, but I'm still holding out hope because I'm a gluten for punishment.

The Patriots need a receiver and have pick 35 (I think), which they need a receiver, and Tee's better than anything they could draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 08:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not our team's style to play a game like this and then come out and have it been that we were just trying to make teams up their offers, but I'm still holding out hope because I'm a gluten for punishment.

The Patriots need a receiver and have pick 35 (I think), which they need a receiver, and Tee's better than anything they could draft.

Another Poster (I forget who right now) suggested that the Bengals may wait until after they pick in round 1 to make sure

they get Brian Thomas JR and if they do get him, they then consider Trading TEE before Day 2 of the Draft begins for a High 2nd round pick.

Make sure they have his replacement before trading him.

This sounds logical to some degree but they may just be planning to keep him in 2024 on the Tag if they have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 06:59 PM)J24 Wrote: Tee is better than the Wrs in the late first/day 2nd.

If I'm a team with a young QB I would rather have a proven WR than an unproven WR...

He is better at this moment, yes, but by a lot? Not so sure. This is a WR HEAVY draft. I do know Higgins is a LOT more expensive than draft pick. Why would a team with a young QB pay a high end WR  who is always hurt instead of drafting one without an injury history for cheap? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I think a team like NE, Washington, AZ, or GB would be possible spots for a Higgins trade in the 2nd. They have cap room to give Higgins a new deal and need a WR. AZ especially. They have a proven QB, cap room, and a need at WR.... but they will prob just draft one w a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick. He'll, maybe they grab 2 or 1  WR & 1 TE. Their roster is hot garbage.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 08:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not our team's style to play a game like this and then come out and have it been that we were just trying to make teams up their offers, but I'm still holding out hope because I'm a gluten for punishment.

Exactly what Ive been posting for a while now.....Pats seem to be a perfect fit for a trade and its really almost at same slot we selected Tee when we drafted him.
I would like to see something else thrown in maybe a next yrs 4th or 5th?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 03:21 AM)PDub80 Wrote: He is better at this moment, yes, but by a lot? Not so sure. This is a WR HEAVY draft. I do know Higgins is a LOT more expensive than draft pick. Why would a team with a young QB pay a high end WR  who is always hurt instead of drafting one without an injury history for cheap? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I think a team like NE, Washington, AZ, or GB would be possible spots for a Higgins trade in the 2nd. They have cap room to give Higgins a new deal and need a WR. AZ especially. They have a proven QB, cap room, and a need at WR.... but they will prob just draft one w a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick. He'll, maybe they grab 2 or 1  WR & 1 TE. Their roster is hot garbage.
Yes, Tee is a lot better than the Wrs at the end of the first RD and into the early 2nd.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 11:07 AM)J24 Wrote: Yes, Tee is a lot better than the Wrs at the end of the first RD and into the early 2nd.

I mean that's exactly were we found Tee....   

Its easy to say a WR in the league 4 years is better than one that hasn't played a down yet. But do we know?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 11:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I mean that's exactly were we found Tee....   

Its easy to say a WR in the league 4 years is better than one that hasn't played a down yet.  But do we know?

It's a high probability that Tee is going to be better than a late first Wr. How is this a controversial statement?
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 12:26 PM)J24 Wrote: It's a high probability that Tee is going to be better than a late first Wr. How is this a controversial statement?

Tee with 4 years of experience will likely be better than a rookie this season True...   But considering Tee himself was a 2nd round pick... Its not hard to imagine finding someone of around equal potential there.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 11:07 AM)J24 Wrote: Yes, Tee is a lot better than the Wrs at the end of the first RD and into the early 2nd.

Take a sec, go back and look at Tee's actual real world production. He avg around 56 yards a game in 2024 & isn't a TD monster. He also is fairly limited in his role in the offense. It's not like the Bengals can move him into the slot or move him around to attack defenses from different angles.

I'm sorry, but I don't think many WRs would struggle getting to that number coming onto this roster and in this offense. Tee's production would be made up for in the aggregate between the TEs, RBs, Irwin, & the younger players. Analytically, I don't think he is critical to the Bengals being successful. Situational? That's an interesting discussion, but his career thus far shows he's closer to Jerry Jeudy than to Devonta Smith. Maybe not fair to Jeudy because he has had trash QB play, trash coaching, and no help. Higgins is often injured as well.

If he is on the Bengals, fine. If he is not, fine. I don't see a problem with getting draft capital for him, drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd, and spending the cash he is wanting elsewhere.

PS: I still think the Bengals swing a JJ trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 10:57 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Exactly what Ive been posting for a while now.....Pats seem to be a perfect fit for a trade and its really almost at same slot we selected Tee when we drafted him.
I would like to see something else thrown in maybe a next yrs 4th or 5th?

I was having this discussion with a friend of mine about why New England made sense for a t trade.

Those fans are spoiled and not used being bad. They have not much on offense. Hunter Henry is solid, not spectacular. Kendrick Bourne was having a good year until he tore his acl. The rest of that corp is uninspiring.

Rhamondre Stevenson is a solid rb. T would could get that offense to mediocrity and give the rookie qb a target to grow with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

(04-18-2024, 12:26 PM)J24 Wrote: It's a high probability that Tee is going to be better than a late first Wr. How is this a controversial statement?

Well, those are different statements.

Thomas is actually graded higher than Higgins was coming out of college and doesn't have route tree limitations like Tee does due to poor speed and short area quickness.  When healthy, Tee has basically been a 900-1100 yard guy, far from elite production.  Also taking health factors into consideration, it wouldn't really be surprising if Thomas was more productive this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 01:05 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I was having this discussion with a friend of mine about why New England made sense for a t trade.  

Those fans are spoiled and not used being bad.  They have not much on offense.  Hunter Henry is solid, not spectacular.  Kendrick Bourne was having a good year until he tore his acl.  The rest of that corp is uninspiring.  

Rhamondre Stevenson is a solid rb.  T would could get that offense to mediocrity and give the rookie qb a target to grow with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good to me. Tee to the Pats for their early 2nd and a 5th round pick and I do it every time. Frees up money, adds a pick to replace
Tee and after the Draft we can add a Corner and extend Chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 01:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, those are different statements.

Thomas is actually graded higher than Higgins was coming out of college and doesn't have route tree limitations like Tee does due to poor speed and short area quickness.  When healthy, Tee has basically been a 900-1100 yard guy, far from elite production.  Also taking health factors into consideration, it wouldn't really be surprising if Thomas was more productive this year.

EXACTLY. This is my point. Add in that he can't stay healthy and it's kind of like... Why CAN'T they just draft someone?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 01:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, those are different statements.

Yes, some are acting like Tee will stay healthy this year and break out like he is some freak athlete or something.

Tee is young, but he isn't going to get faster with his short area quickness and he is most likely going to be banged up again.

Thomas Jr could very well come in and be more productive than Tee for all we know.

Not hard for a #2 to beat 650 yards and 5 TD's, what Tee had last year in a contract year.

(04-18-2024, 01:22 PM)PDub80 Wrote: EXACTLY. This is my point. Add in that he can't stay healthy and it's kind of like... Why CAN'T they just draft someone?

We certainly can and if we trade Tee for an early 2nd round pick we could get a very good WR and a RT early.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 01:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, some are acting like Tee will stay healthy this year and break out like he is some freak athlete or something.

Tee is young, but he isn't going to get faster with his short area quickness and he is most likely going to be banged up again.

Thomas Jr could very well come in and be more productive than Tee for all we know.

Not hard for a #2 to beat 650 yards and 5 TD's, what Tee had last year in a contract year.

We certainly can and if we trade Tee for an early 2nd round pick we could get a very good WR and a RT early.

The teams I see that would benefit from trading for Higgins AND have the money to resign him would be NE, Wash, AZ, & GB. While the Cardinals can just grab a guy as well and not spend the money, they have a ton of holes. So, a Higgins trade if they don't love what falls to them (Bengals taking a WR in the 1st would contribute to that, BTW).

AZ is also in a trash division and may value a vet who can play right away.

I just cannot get over the fact that the Bengals have the cap money to resign Tee. EASILY. And, yet, they have not. Why? I have my theory. ?
Reply/Quote