Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bayron Matos Visiting
Bayron Matos is a basketball star from the Dominican Republic and is 6'7, 331 lbs, with 35 1/4 inch wing span.

[Image: GLS9t0QWAAAfZx0?format=jpg&name=medium]

He looks and sounds like a monster and a perfect fit for tackle, but the problem is that he has never played football.

He moves around great and, having both tackle spots covered, he cold learn and improve for a year (if we trust Pollack to develop him).

I still want Fisher if Bowers falls, but what do you think about Matos if we took Bowers (or whoever) in the first and maybe Sweat in the second?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 05:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Bayron Matos is a basketball star from the Dominican Republic and is 6'7, 331 lbs, with 35 1/4 inch wing span.

[Image: GLS9t0QWAAAfZx0?format=jpg&name=medium]

He looks and sounds like a monster and a perfect fit for tackle, but the problem is that he has never played football.

He moves around great and, having both tackle spots covered, he cold learn and improve for a year (if we trust Pollack to develop him).

I still want Fisher if Bowers falls, but what do you think about Matos if we took Bowers (or whoever) in the first and maybe Sweat in the second?

Matos has played football, just never played in a game. He was on the USF roster, for example, and practiced with them. He's probably a 7th round or UDFA prospect. If they want to throw a shot at him and see what happens, then sure. I don't have any issue with it.
Reply/Quote
I would grab this Matos guy late to ensure we have him instead of waiting on getting him as an UDFA. Intriguing size and athleticism
for sure. A lot goes into playing Tackle though, and since I know nothing about the guy I don't really know if it is worth it, but us bringing
him in should give us some insight on his smarts. Dude is certainly built lol
Reply/Quote
Unless we use them to trade up our four 6th and 7th round picks could be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 05:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Matos has played football, just never played in a game. He was on the USF roster, for example, and practiced with them. He's probably a 7th round or UDFA prospect. If they want to throw a shot at him and see what happens, then sure. I don't have any issue with it.

So is that playing football? 

I'd throw a 6th his way and see if we can find the "Jordan Mailata" of TEs. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So is that playing football? 

I'd throw a 6th his way and see if we can find the "Jordan Mailata" of TEs. 

I think it would be, yeah. Maybe that's because I am taking "never played football" to be synonymous with "no football experience". I'm sure they've ran scrimmages and he has knowledge of the game and knows how to play at this point, he has just never actually played. Saying he has football experience is probably more accurate, though. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 06:28 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think it would be, yeah. Maybe that's because I am taking "never played football" to be synonymous with "no football experience". I'm sure they've ran scrimmages and he has knowledge of the game and knows how to play at this point, he has just never actually played. Saying he has football experience is probably more accurate, though. 

I didn't really understand that but that does make sense if that's what they meant (seems like the only explanation). 

It's a gamble, but, if we feel like he can develop, it would be a hell of a deal to get him late.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 07:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I didn't really understand that but that does make sense if that's what they meant (seems like the only explanation). 

It's a gamble, but, if we feel like he can develop, it would be a hell of a deal to get him late.

I'm not trying to be negative. I have one word: "Pollack!" If a player doesn't have experience, he's the last one you want teaching.

Edit: Missed where you already brought the Pollack concern to the table. So, glad we are on the same page.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 07:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not trying to be negative. I have one word: "Pollack!" If a player doesn't have experience, he's the last one you want teaching.

Edit: Missed where you already brought the Pollack concern to the table. So, glad we are on the same page.

I'm brain damaged but I'm not stupid....................

Hilarious

That's my only concern!

He could have his own coach that he has been working out with in the offseason and will continue to do so after the draft.......... or maybe Zac would be smart enough to tell him that he needs a coach, sort of like Tom House working with Brady and whoever else.
Reply/Quote
This is a UDFA visit. No way he's being drafted by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote