Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To those who want Byron Murphy II - Leap Frog

Alot of Posters want Byron Murphy II but the Rams may want him more.

They could Trade Up in front of the Bengals for him to replace Aaron Donald.

The Rams have the 19th overall pick, one 2nd round pick, two 3rd round picks, two 5th round picks, 4 six round picks & a 7th round pick.

They could easily Jump in front of the Bengals who have pick #18 to take DT Byron Murphy II.

The Bengals 4th round pick may be enough to use in a Trade to get up 3 spots & make sure they get a Targeted Player.

In 2023 the Steelers & Patriots made this Trade. The Steelers went up for Broderick Jones OT.

New England traded a first-round selection (14th) to Pittsburgh in exchange for first- and fourth-round selections (17th and 120th overall)

Compare to Bengals give #18 & #115  to go up to #15.

Players like JC Latham, Fuaga, Byron Murphy II, Bowers, Arnold, Mitchell etc may still be there at pick #15 but may not be at pick #18.

Options may thin out by pick #18 and the Bengals may want to make sure they get a certain player versus just sitting at pick #18.

Something to consider...   Leap forward a few picks or maybe get Leap Frogged.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 11:50 AM)depthchart Wrote: .

The Rams have the 19th overall pick, one 2nd round pick, two 3rd round picks, two 5th round picks, 4 six round picks & a 7th round pick.

They could easily Jump in front of the Bengals who have pick #18 to take DT Byron Murphy II.

The Bengals 4th round pick may be enough to use in a Trade to get up 3 spots & make sure they get a Targeted Player.

In 2023 the Steelers & Patriots made this Trade. The Steelers went up for Broderick Jones OT.

New England traded a first-round selection (14th) to Pittsburgh in exchange for first- and fourth-round selections (17th and 120th overall)

Players like JC Latham, Fuaga, Byron Murphy II, Bowers, Arnold, Mitchell etc may still be there at pick #15 but may not be at pick #18.

Options may thin out by pick #18 and the Bengals may want to make sure they get a certain player versus just sitting at pick #18.

Im betting you are spot on here for Rams to do this...
I would take Murphy if hes there but Im thinking no way he is there at 18 now
Reply/Quote
I would be shocked if the Jaguars are picking at #17.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would not be a fan of the Bengals moving up in the 1st round, as it would likely cost one of those valuable picks in the top 100. I wouldn't mind seeing them package a couple of those 6th/7th round picks to move up in the 4th or 5th if the right player was there.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Because there will likely be runs on WR and QB at the top of the draft there will be a stud player at 18 regardless.

No to moving up.
Reply/Quote

I’m a firm believer of a pick swap and give up our best third and move up a few spots
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 01:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m a firm believer of a pick swap and give up our best third and move up a few spots

Which player or players would you Target with a few spots move up ?
Reply/Quote
I would be happy with Murphy in the first. But I wouldn't give anything up to ensure we get him.

In my opinion, if you are willing to take Murphy at 18, you should be willing to take Newton at 18, as they are both incredibly impactful players at DT. I could see either one of them being a multi-year pro bowl/all pro with elite pass rush ability. The biggest difference is Murphy loses a little pass rush to gain a little run stopping.

And if neither is there, then it's very likely one of Mitchell, Arnold, Fuaga, Mims, or Fashanu is there at 18, and you just take them.

There are more than 18 players in this draft that would dramatically improve our team at CB, WR, DT or OT. I see no reason why we'd give up a premium pick that we need to ensure the health and depth of our roster to go chasing one in particular.
Reply/Quote
I usually really like the player I can get in mocks at pick 115. I wouldn’t want to give that up.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 01:30 PM)CJD Wrote: I would be happy with Murphy in the first. But I wouldn't give anything up to ensure we get him.

In my opinion, if you are willing to take Murphy at 18, you should be willing to take Newton at 18, as they are both incredibly impactful players at DT. I could see either one of them being a multi-year pro bowl/all pro with elite pass rush ability. The biggest difference is Murphy loses a little pass rush to gain a little run stopping.

And if neither is there, then it's very likely one of Mitchell, Arnold, Fuaga, Mims, or Fashanu is there at 18, and you just take them.

There are more than 18 players in this draft that would dramatically improve our team at CB, WR, DT or OT. I see no reason why we'd give up a premium pick that we need to ensure the health and depth of our roster to go chasing one in particular.

(04-17-2024, 01:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I usually really like the player I can get in mocks at pick 115. I wouldn’t want to give that up.

Fair enough.

I am not convinced that I would Trade Up now either, using say the 4th round pick to do it.

But prospects like Brock Bowers, JC Latham, Byron Murphy II, some of the other more preferred Top OT's etc may be gone by pick #18.

The Bengals can still get a good prospect at pick #18 no matter what but they may be settling for what is left versus going up for exactly

what they would want.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:59 PM)Stewy Wrote: Because there will likely be runs on WR and QB at the top of the draft there will be a stud player at 18 regardless.  

No to moving up.

This.

(04-17-2024, 01:30 PM)CJD Wrote: I would be happy with Murphy in the first. But I wouldn't give anything up to ensure we get him.

And this. There will be a player sitting out there at 18 that should significantly help our team. I like Newton a ton for what he does on 
the field but there have been injury rumors as of late that have his stock down and he might be able to be had in the 2nd round. 

In the end, we should just stay where we are at and we will get a good player, no need to trade up unless we are fixated on a player like
Fautanu who would be an instant starter for us at LG and is solid of an OL as there is in this draft. I think the Seahawks grab him and if the
Rams want to trade up in front of us for Murphy, fine. We can draft Mims, Latham or one of other players you mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This.

And this. There will be a player sitting out there at 18 that should significantly help our team. I like Newton a ton for what he does on 
the field but there have been injury rumors as of late that have his stock down and he might be able to be had in the 2nd round. 

In the end, we should just stay where we are at and we will get a good player, no need to trade up unless we are fixated on a player like
Fautanu who would be an instant start for us at LG and is solid of an OL as there is in this draft. I think the Seahawks grab him and if the
Rams want to trade up in front of us for Murphy, fine.
We can draft Mims, Latham or one of other players you mentioned.

I get your points and I am more on the Fence on this.

There could also be the CULTURE FIT that could come into play or a players chances of becoming GREAT versus good.

Is Byron Murphy II more likely to become Great than some of the other players left at pick #18 ? 

Would Brock Bowers be targeted in a Trade up due to maybe being a better CULTURE FIT ?  Or another player the Coaches connect with ?

Would they Trade up for say Latham or Fuaga versus staying put for Mims or Guyton if they see one of them as better CULTURE FITS ?

Right now, I keep Trading up as an option.  
Reply/Quote

I am big in the Murphy camp, but certain someone coveted will fall to the Bengals at 18.

Someone unexpected that can help the team will be there.

Maybe the Rams do not prize Murphy as much as the Bengals do and would be happy with Newton and therefore can sit pat or even trade back?

It will definitely be a fun draft night!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 02:55 PM)depthchart Wrote: I get your points and I am more on the Fence on this.

There could also be the CULTURE FIT that could come into play or a players chances of becoming GREAT versus good.

Is Byron Murphy II more likely to become Great than some of the other players left at pick #18 ? 

Would Brock Bowers be targeted in a Trade up due to maybe being a better CULTURE FIT ?  Or another player the Coaches connect with ?

Would they Trade up for say Latham or Fuaga versus staying put for Mims or Guyton if they see one of them as better CULTURE FITS ?

Right now, I keep Trading up as an option.  

I know we brought in Fuaga, but trading up for him would probably be very spendy as the Raiders are a ways ahead of us and he fits what
they need perfectly. It is an interesting thought as culture fits are definitely a thing with Zac Taylor and company now.

(04-17-2024, 03:25 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I am big in the Murphy camp, but certain someone coveted will fall to the Bengals at 18.

Maybe the Rams do not prize Murphy as much as the Bengals do and would be happy with Newton and therefore can sit pat or even trade back?

Johnny Newton is the more likely Aaron Donald type. Murphy is more of a run stopper than CAN rush the passer, not a pass rusher that CAN
stop the run like Newton. Yeah, gonna be a fun night, only 8 days away!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 03:25 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I am big in the Murphy camp, but certain someone coveted will fall to the Bengals at 18.

Day 2 of the Draft may be even better with 3 picks.  (The 2nd rounder & two 3rds)

Whatever the Bengals do with the 1st round pick will probably make more sense once Day 2 ends.

How those 4 picks fit together as a Plan.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 01:13 PM)depthchart Wrote: Which player or players would you Target with a few spots move up ?

I’ve gone back and forth. It really depends on Tee. If they’ve got no chance he is back in ‘25 the Thomas is my first choice. If there’s still a chance I’d go with BPA RT. I like Fuaga. Third choice Byron Murphy. But really any of those 3 work. Arnold if he’s there at 18 maybe.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I don’t think they will move up unless they have one of those players ranked way higher than the others. If it’s pick 15 and say Murphy, Thomas, Fautanu and Latham are there and those are guys are like 15, 16, 18 and 19 on their board then they won’t see a need to trade up. No matter what happens they get a player at a targeted position of need without reaching for him.
Now let’s say Bowers is 10th over all on their board and he’s still there at 15 then they might be tempted to trade up. Draft will be fun to watch and see if the Bengals really value one of these guys over the others.
I think they will just stay at 18 and end up with a pretty good player. I’m happy that they are not locked into having to pick a specific position in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
I’m not trading up for dt2
Reply/Quote