Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adonai Mitchell possibly falling
I was listening to Sirius xm and Jim miller read a report that just came out. Apparently Mitchell is a diabetic and not very mature about handling it. Scouts feel he may have to managed through it early on and that when he doesn’t take care of it he becomes moody and rude.

I don’t think this is some draft ploy to get a player to drop. He may not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/scouts-raise-concerns-regarding-texas-wr-adonai-mitchells-maturity-health/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
There have been some success stories of guys making it in the NFL with type 1 diabetes. The Ravens Mark Andrews for example.

I haven’t paid much attention to Mitchell tbh. But I think I read something earlier that said he had like the 5th best RAS for a WR out of a very large group.

That and starting as a freshman at Georgia and winning two national championships while there is very impressive.

If we go WR I’d probably rather have him than Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 09:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There have been some success stories of guys making it in the NFL with type 1 diabetes. The Ravens Mark Andrews for example.

I haven’t paid much attention to Mitchell tbh. But I think I read something earlier that said he had like the 5th best RAS for a WR out of a very large group.

That and starting as a freshman at Georgia and winning two national championships while there is very impressive.

If we go WR I’d probably rather have him than Thomas.

Before the combine, I was a bigger AD fan than most and patted myself on the back after he did the measurables. But then they wanted them to route routes and catch balls; AD put on one of the worst performances I've ever seen. 

Could it have been a sugar imbalance? Who knows, but he was absolute garbage at the catching drills.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I do not think WR is seriously on the table at #18, especially if Tee is here.

Mitchell is not a serious contender to be picked in Rd1, IMHO.

Now, if Rd2 comes along and he is still there....
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 12:24 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I do not think WR is seriously on the table at #18, especially if Tee is here.

Mitchell is not a serious contender to be picked in Rd1, IMHO.

Now, if Rd2 comes along and he is still there....

Did having Trey Hendrickson and Sam Hubbard mean that Myles Murphy wasn't seriously on the table?

Did having Jessie Bates and Vonn Bell mean Dax Hill wasn't seriously on the table?

Did having Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd mean that Ja'marr Chase wasn't seriously on the table?

Does having Sheldon Rankins and BJ Hill mean that Bryon Murphy and Johnny Newton aren't seriously on the table?

Does having Orlando Brown Jr and Trent Brown mean that Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Mims, and Fautanu aren't seriously on the table?

Then why would having Tee Higgins mean a WR isn't seriously on the table, especially when they have an open starting job with no serious competition?

As I continue to say, my preference is an OT in the 1st.  But the biggest hole in the starting lineup is at WR.  I think some are confusing what they don't want with what they don't think.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 07:06 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I was listening to Sirius xm and Jim miller read a report that just came out.  Apparently Mitchell is a diabetic and not very mature about handling it.  Scouts feel he may have to managed through it early on and that when he doesn’t take care of it he becomes moody and rude.  

I don’t think this is some draft ploy to get a player to drop.  He may not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the scout raising the concern is probly from the team that hope he slides to him....  Gonna get lots of Smoke the next week.

But that is a concern.  one a team could correct though
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 12:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the scout raising the concern is probly from the team that hope he slides to him....  Gonna get lots of Smoke the next week.

But that is a concern.  one a team could correct though

Because people with rude and abrasive personalities are so apt to be willing to change?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because people with rude and abrasive personalities are so apt to be willing to change?  Ninja

all it takes is a team that think they can
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because people with rude and abrasive personalities are so apt to be willing to change?  Ninja

I've been a juvenile diabetic since age 7.  When your blood sugar levels go too high, it does affect your mood and can cause irritability.  It's actually a common symptom.  

That doesn't concern me so much as the fact that he has poor control of his condition.  I know NFL players in the past had to have their blood sugar levels checked between series during games, but that's not going to help him much if he shows up on game day massively dehydrated because his blood sugar is too high and his body is using all the water it can to flush sugar out through his kidneys.  
Reply/Quote
Well, Mitchell should fall because of this. This is a genuine concern. The one thing about the great players, they know how to
take care of their bodies. That is why players like Tom Brady and Whit lasted as long as they did.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 09:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: Did having Trey Hendrickson and Sam Hubbard mean that Myles Murphy wasn't seriously on the table?

Did having Jessie Bates and Vonn Bell mean Dax Hill wasn't seriously on the table?

Did having Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd mean that Ja'marr Chase wasn't seriously on the table?

Does having Sheldon Rankins and BJ Hill mean that Bryon Murphy and Johnny Newton aren't seriously on the table?

Does having Orlando Brown Jr and Trent Brown mean that Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Mims, and Fautanu aren't seriously on the table?

Then why would having Tee Higgins mean a WR isn't seriously on the table, especially when they have an open starting job with no serious competition?

As I continue to say, my preference is an OT in the 1st.  But the biggest hole in the starting lineup is at WR.  I think some are confusing what they don't want with what they don't think.  

Excellent points, however I think LG is a bigger hole than WR3. I also think RG and C could be upgraded this year with the right pick.

Can’t say I’d be shocked if we go WR at 18. If rather just pay Tee at this point. Not like we spent that money on other free agents anyways. It’s just sitting there. Awful cap management this year, just awful. Our team will be good, but we ruined an amazing opportunity to build a SB contending team. It will take health and quite a bit of luck to make it to the SB this year.
Reply/Quote