Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Case Scenario
According to this NFL.com analyst's seven round mock.
https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-2024-nfl-mock-draft-round-1
These guys would have been available at the picks I take them.

1st Troy Fautanu OL Washington - The Rashawn Slater comparisons get me most excited. Best case scenario future starting T worst case future starting G.

2nd Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon - Future starting C. Youth and late season injury cause a slide? I want him at 18. So I would be dancing for joy. Our two oldest guys on the roster are Karras and Trent Brown. And they are free agents next year. Would love to be prepared to reload with some quality ammunition like these first two picks.

3rd Theo Johnson TE Penn State - Future starting TE. Will history repeat itself this year and remind us of the Gresham draft? Where one highly regarded TE goes in the first and other guys who go in later rounds (Gronk, Jimmy Graham) go on to have HoF careers?

3rd Jermaine Burton WR Alabama - The answer to who wears the #3. Get the long term deal done with Tee and 5-1-3 becomes to most dominant WR trio for the next 4 years. In this supposedly loaded WR class I would love it if we get a discount on the top WR prospect from a big time program that has established itself as one of the premier NFL WR factories. Burton in the 3rd has become my favorite WR pairing for us.

4th Mekhi Wingo DT LSU - Poor man's Byron Murphy. Love the youth and style of player. I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 3rd.

5th Dewayne Carter DT Duke - Love the effort and hustle. And he has the physical tools. I think he ends up being a steal especially if he goes this late. I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 3rd.

6th MJ Devonshire CB Pittsburgh - It's a deep CB class. We had luck finding Ivey late last year. Looking to try our luck late again this year.

6th Tory Taylor P Iowa - Robbins inability to flip the field seems problematic. Taylor excels at it.

7th Jarius Monroe CB Tulane - Shrine Bowl MVP. Some guys like Za'Darius Smith and Trey Hendrickson have won it in the past.

7th Marist Liufau LB Notre Dame - Quality LB depth from a big time program. Could develop into a starter. Has instincts and coverage ability.
Reply/Quote
This would be fantastic.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I like the mock for adding Taylor to punt. As you noted, we need a dude who can help control field position. Picks 1 and 2 are, of course, gold for protecting Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That would be a great day, I kinda lean defense first, a great pass rush is worth 2 corner backs, Theo or similar TE, (Tip Reiman or Barner from ttun) one or two are a must for the the Watts, Garret's, pass rush in our division.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 08:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: According to this NFL.com analyst's seven round mock.
https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-2024-nfl-mock-draft-round-1
These guys would have been available at the picks I take them.

1st Troy Fautanu OL Washington - The Rashawn Slater comparisons get me most excited. Best case scenario future starting T worst case future starting G.

2nd Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon - Future starting C. Youth and late season injury cause a slide? I want him at 18. So I would be dancing for joy. Our two oldest guys on the roster are Karras and Trent Brown. And they are free agents next year. Would love to be prepared to reload with some quality ammunition like these first two picks.

3rd Theo Johnson TE Penn State - Future starting TE. Will history repeat itself this year and remind us of the Gresham draft? Where one highly regarded TE goes in the first and other guys who go in later rounds (Gronk, Jimmy Graham) go on to have HoF careers?

3rd Jermaine Burton WR Alabama - The answer to who wears the #3. Get the long term deal done with Tee and 5-1-3 becomes to most dominant WR trio for the next 4 years. In this supposedly loaded WR class I would love it if we get a discount on the top WR prospect from a big time program that has established itself as one of the premier NFL WR factories. Burton in the 3rd has become my favorite WR pairing for us.

4th Mekhi Wingo DT LSU - Poor man's Byron Murphy. Love the youth and style of player. I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 3rd.

5th Dewayne Carter DT Duke - Love the effort and hustle. And he has the physical tools. I think he ends up being a steal especially if he goes this late. I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 3rd.

6th MJ Devonshire CB Pittsburgh - It's a deep CB class. We had luck finding Ivey late last year. Looking to try our luck late again this year.

6th Tory Taylor P Iowa - Robbins inability to flip the field seems problematic. Taylor excels at it.

7th Jarius Monroe CB Tulane - Shrine Bowl MVP. Some guys like Za'Darius Smith and Trey Hendrickson have won it in the past.

7th Marist Liufau LB Notre Dame - Quality LB depth from a big time program. Could develop into a starter. Has instincts and coverage ability.

Would love this NATI. Fautanu and JPJ would be a great future for the OL. Theo Johnson has great size and athleticism
and he can block and catch, one of my top 5 TE's easily. Jermaine Burton sure is flying under the radar in this deep WR 
class, good one. Been liking Mekhi Wingo for our NT more and more and like your Jarius Monroe pick late.

Good job.
Reply/Quote