Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Mock
When it rolled around to pick 18, Thomas was still on the board, along with a glut of OT's(Fuaga, Fautanu, Mims, Latham, and Guyton). I decided to go with Thomas, a true three level threat who can start immediately and hopefully take over for Higgins next year. I kept an eye on my T board, and when there was only one left that I considered one of the top tier prospects, I made my move, dealing #49 and our 2025 2nd rounder to Carolina for picks #33 and #65. With #33, I took Guyton, who's still very raw, but will get a year to develop before becoming the starting RT next year.

From there, Benson is my RB1 in this class, and a true 3 down back with home run speed and arguably the best pass pro skills among RB's in this class. Beebe at #80 was a shocker, but I gladly snapped him up as a G/emergency T. Abrams-Draine is a high football IQ CB with ball skills that can play in a variety of coverages, perfect for Lou 's scheme.

Day 3, Johnson has the upside to potentially end the TE carousel. I took McKinley Jackson in the 5th(around where he honestly should go9, so don't @ me about a NT. Limmer probably pushes Hill to the PS and hopefully develops into a solid backup C. Jacobs and Davis provide some back end of the roster depth at LB and RB. Manu is a late round flyer on a T with immense upside.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice draft for addressing team needs and I like Guyton in round 2. Let's hope in your mock he's not Carman 2.0.
Reply/Quote
Really like this Mock Whatever. Getting Brian Thomas Jr is a great move for the future and should more than make up for the
loss of Boyd this year and possibly Tee next year. Better speed and quicker feet than Tee in short areas than Tee with the same
size, needs to work on his routes but so did Tee after getting drafted. Trading up for Guyton, Morgan or Rosengarten in the 2nd
round should be on our minds if we don't get one of the OT's at 18. I like it.

Getting Trey Benson who might be my favorite RB in this class is great. Trey is not only fast, he is strong and can run you over.

Dude has power and is good at breaking tackles, same as Davis the RB you take late out of SDSU. I like doubling up on RB's in
this Draft. Beebe being around as late as you have him would be surprising, love the pick. Theo Johnson would be a great grab
for our TE room, he can learn from Gesicki in the passing game and Drew Sample in the blocking game. Getting McKinnley Jackson
is what I am hoping for and he very well could be around in the 5th round. Also really like the Limmer pick.

Nice Mock. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: When it rolled around to pick 18, Thomas was still on the board, along with a glut of OT's(Fuaga, Fautanu, Mims, Latham, and Guyton).  I decided to go with Thomas, a true three level threat who can start immediately and hopefully take over for Higgins next year.  I kept an eye on my T board, and when there was only one left that I considered one of the top tier prospects, I made my move, dealing #49 and our 2025 2nd rounder to Carolina for picks #33 and #65.  With #33, I took Guyton, who's still very raw, but will get a year to develop before becoming the starting RT next year.  

From there, Benson is my RB1 in this class, and a true 3 down back with home run speed and arguably the best pass pro skills among RB's in this class.  Beebe at #80 was a shocker, but I gladly snapped him up as a G/emergency T. Abrams-Draine is a high football IQ CB with ball skills that can play in a variety of coverages, perfect for Lou 's scheme.

Day 3, Johnson has the upside to potentially end the TE carousel.  I took McKinley Jackson in the 5th(around where he honestly should go9, so don't @ me about a NT.  Limmer probably pushes Hill to the PS and hopefully develops into a solid backup C.  Jacobs and Davis provide some back end of the roster depth at LB and RB.  Manu is a late round flyer on a T with immense upside.

I think its a C+ Draft for me only because I have BTJ as a late first and Guyton as my 15th best offensive lineman in this class and 3rd round grade, so giving any future capital for that guy...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:09 AM)Okeana Wrote: I think its a C+ Draft for me only because I have BTJ as a late first and Guyton as my 15th best offensive lineman in this class and 3rd round grade, so giving any future capital for that guy...

Both Thomas and Guyton have ridiculous upside.  I mean, the only T with a higher RAS than Guyton in this class is Alt.  Yeah, he's extremely raw, but he had a great Senior Bowl and will get a year to sit and develop.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: When it rolled around to pick 18, Thomas was still on the board, along with a glut of OT's(Fuaga, Fautanu, Mims, Latham, and Guyton). I decided to go with Thomas, a true three level threat who can start immediately and hopefully take over for Higgins next year. I kept an eye on my T board, and when there was only one left that I considered one of the top tier prospects, I made my move, dealing #49 and our 2025 2nd rounder to Carolina for picks #33 and #65. With #33, I took Guyton, who's still very raw, but will get a year to develop before becoming the starting RT next year.

From there, Benson is my RB1 in this class, and a true 3 down back with home run speed and arguably the best pass pro skills among RB's in this class. Beebe at #80 was a shocker, but I gladly snapped him up as a G/emergency T. Abrams-Draine is a high football IQ CB with ball skills that can play in a variety of coverages, perfect for Lou 's scheme.

Day 3, Johnson has the upside to potentially end the TE carousel. I took McKinley Jackson in the 5th(around where he honestly should go9, so don't @ me about a NT. Limmer probably pushes Hill to the PS and hopefully develops into a solid backup C. Jacobs and Davis provide some back end of the roster depth at LB and RB. Manu is a late round flyer on a T with immense upside.

If I were to be honest about this draft I’d be banned.
However I really hope we go a different route than this.
Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 12:38 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: If I were to be honest about this draft I’d be banned.  
However I really hope we go a different route than this.
Who Dey!

Don't like the prospects or just basically want defense earlier?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 12:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: Don't like the prospects or just basically want defense earlier?

I mean bensons a killer don’t get me wrong and I could probably live with him. But running back I just don’t value that high. With moss and brown on the roster gimme defenseline or offensive line here.

I can live with Guyton I actually like him here or Kingsley but that’s all predicated on what we did in 1. if we went Newton in round 1. Then go Tackle here fine…but Thomas although a stud I just don’t value him over offensive line or defensive line when considering the current roster. Now if we trade tee on draft day for an early second then maybe we can start talking about Brian Thomas but then again I may still wanna go dtackles or Otackle at 18 and then go WR early in 2 like Mitchell or Franklin. But I want big boys I think with an upright and healthy burrow tee Higgins and chase with gesicki moss and Brown and Charlie jones working the slot the bengals can score with the best of any offense. Defensively I need some help tho especially upfront.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: When it rolled around to pick 18, Thomas was still on the board, along with a glut of OT's(Fuaga, Fautanu, Mims, Latham, and Guyton).  I decided to go with Thomas, a true three level threat who can start immediately and hopefully take over for Higgins next year.  I kept an eye on my T board, and when there was only one left that I considered one of the top tier prospects, I made my move, dealing #49 and our 2025 2nd rounder to Carolina for picks #33 and #65.  With #33, I took Guyton, who's still very raw, but will get a year to develop before becoming the starting RT next year.  

From there, Benson is my RB1 in this class, and a true 3 down back with home run speed and arguably the best pass pro skills among RB's in this class.  Beebe at #80 was a shocker, but I gladly snapped him up as a G/emergency T. Abrams-Draine is a high football IQ CB with ball skills that can play in a variety of coverages, perfect for Lou 's scheme.

Day 3, Johnson has the upside to potentially end the TE carousel.  I took McKinley Jackson in the 5th(around where he honestly should go9, so don't @ me about a NT.  Limmer probably pushes Hill to the PS and hopefully develops into a solid backup C.  Jacobs and Davis provide some back end of the roster depth at LB and RB.  Manu is a late round flyer on a T with immense upside.

Awesome!  I think Beebe is going to be pro bowl guard.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote