Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else hear about this???
Driving home and heard on Fox Sports radio that the Cowboys have offered pick 24 for Higgins and pick 80 but that the Bengals turned down the offer. The guy getting interviewed was some former nfl exec who said this happened within the last hour. Is this just made up shit or anyone else have info???
Reply/Quote
If true (not likely) the Bengals would be idiots to turn that offer down.
Reply/Quote
Cowboys can’t pay the stars they have. This is fake news.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They have 6 million in cap space; if the Bengals were to trade Tee for a first RD pick I imagine it would be to Arizona or Jacksonville!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 05:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cowboys can’t pay the stars they have. This is fake news.

OK thanks, Geez, you would think a former nfl exec would know that. I hate all the rumors flying around with the draft. Will be glad when it's over and I hope Tee is still a Bengal!
Reply/Quote
Imagine being Tee. You get traded to the Cowboys. They let you play on the tag this year and tag you again next year. Then they let you go so they can collect a comp pick. Your value diminishes because you can't win a playoff game or put up great stats with Dak. Sad Tee Higgins life hypothetical. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 06:00 PM)J24 Wrote: They have 6 million in cap space; if they were to Tee for a first RD pick I imagine it would be to Arizona or Jacksonville!

The guy talked about the Jagoffs too but had them trading with the Giants for Malik don't call me jim Nabers.

He also said the kid from Alabama goes before Alt which would be insane to me. Alt is waaay better.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, gotta be fake news, the Cowboys are like the last team that would be able to afford Tee or that trade.

I think if we do a trade it will be with either the Cardinals or Patriots and it will be a 2nd round pick and a 5th.

I would do this in an instant.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 05:50 PM)Uncle Drinky Wrote: Driving home and heard on Fox Sports radio that the Cowboys have offered pick 24 for Higgins and pick 80 but that the Bengals turned down the offer. The guy getting interviewed was some former nfl exec who said this happened within the last hour. Is this just made up shit or anyone else have info???

There is no way the Bengals are passing up picks 24 and 80.  They are not that stupid to lose those picks only to keep a disgruntled Tee for just one more season.  The only way the Bengals would turn down pick 24 and 80 is if the rumors are true about the Jefferson trade being a done deal with the holdup being the guaranteed money the Vikings would be paying Tee.
Reply/Quote
Tee's not getting traded. Trey's not getting traded. They will both be Bengals this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 06:20 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: There is no way the Bengals are passing up picks 24 and 80.  They are not that stupid to lose those picks only to keep a disgruntled Tee for just one more season.  The only way the Bengals would turn down pick 24 and 80 is if the rumors are true about the Jefferson trade being a done deal with the holdup being the guaranteed money the Vikings would be paying Tee.

Someone would have to blow them away with a crazy trade to part with Tee. Fans think it should happen because they want it to,, but the Bengals are trying to get back to a SB, not make armchair GMs happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 05:50 PM)Uncle Drinky Wrote: Driving home and heard on Fox Sports radio that the Cowboys have offered pick 24 for Higgins and pick 80 but that the Bengals turned down the offer. The guy getting interviewed was some former nfl exec who said this happened within the last hour. Is this just made up shit or anyone else have info???

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I believe the same - that Tee and Trey will be Bengals in 2024 - unless Trey retires :)
I do wish they would trade Tee for a high second round pick instead of just keeping him for one more year.

Really hoping he stays healthy and has a big year with the Bengals. That would help him get more $ from someone next off season.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 06:23 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Someone would have to blow them away with a crazy trade to part with Tee. Fans think it should happen because they want it to,, but the Bengals are trying to get back to a SB, not make armchair GMs happy.

Tee is not Joe Burrow.  We dont need Tee to make it to a Super Bowl.  As far as being an armchair GM, it would be absolutely idiotic to keep an unhappy Tee Higgins for just one more year if the Bengals could land the #24 and #80.  You dont need to be an NFL GM to understand this.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 06:39 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Tee is not Joe Burrow.  We dont need Tee to make it to a Super Bowl.  As far as being an armchair GM, it would be absolutely idiotic to keep an unhappy Tee Higgins for just one more year if the Bengals could land the #24 and #80.  You dont need to be an NFL GM to understand this.

Dude, that was a fake rumor. You don't need to be a GM to understand that either. lol
Reply/Quote
If that were true I would punch Katie right in Troy’s face.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 06:20 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: There is no way the Bengals are passing up picks 24 and 80.  They are not that stupid to lose those picks only to keep a disgruntled Tee for just one more season.  The only way the Bengals would turn down pick 24 and 80 is if the rumors are true about the Jefferson trade being a done deal with the holdup being the guaranteed money the Vikings would be paying Tee.

I think that the proposal likely would have been Tee and pick #80 (which the Bengals currently have) in exchange for pick #24.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 06:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that the proposal likely would have been Tee and pick #80 (which the Bengals currently have) in exchange for pick #24.

Thanks for the explanation.
Reply/Quote
I know it's an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't do that. At least not for 80. For 115, maybe. But 80's valuable this year imo. That's a legit player. So you'd be giving up Tee + a legit player for a slight improvement on Tee and cost savings. I get the argument but I'd hold firm at 115.

115 is kinda on the edge between good and average value. Which is the only premium I'd be willing to give up to bridge the gap between Tee and 24. Jmo.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 07:32 PM)tms Wrote: I know it's an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't do that. At least not for 80. For 115, maybe. But 80's valuable this year imo. That's a legit player. So you'd be giving up Tee + a legit player for a slight improvement on Tee and cost savings. I get the argument but I'd hold firm at 115.

115 is kinda on the edge between good and average value. Which is the only premium I'd be willing to give up to bridge the gap between Tee and 24. Jmo.

The entire premise of trading a player on a franchise tag was based upon receiving two 1st round picks. Now the controlling team (Bengals) can elect to accept less than those terms if they choose. So in my mind, any trade which would require giving up a talented player plus a pick in exchange for a late 1st round pick would be a definite no-go. Never mind the fact that the Cowboys have no cap to work with. (what are they going to use to negotiate with Tee, good intentions?)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote